GUZ called my wife?

I thought she was kidding, but the things they told her weren't to sell something, nor were directing her to go to some agency. I am still a little skeptical, since I have not heard of GUZ calling people, especially on a Sunday. If it is true, however, then I am grateful to the VO for the heads up!

It was odd they called her on a Sunday, and they told her the P4 should arrive within 10 days, and for me not to call in the meantime -_-

She is in a panic, since they gave her a list of paperwork she will get in the P4 as well as what she will need from the P3. Nothing out of the ordinary, except she is anxious that I provide bank statements and the title paperwork for my house, which I think is part of the I-134, but I thought only if my income wasn't high enough (which it is).

Anyone else run into this?

I've heard of a few times of the consulate calling.. it's better they call than to have misplaced something.. they can call for various reasons.

I don't see any reason to ask USCONGUZ a question about why they are doing their job with a phone call... They are moving your case along and that's good new. And we're not supposed to ask case specific questions anyway.

I'd be happy they called... don't read into it and create any conspiracy theories... it's getting closer...

My wife received a call while we were in Beijing - her son took it since he had her cell phone and then called us on mine.

The purpose was to let her know that they would send her P3 back so that she could fill in the lines about whether he would be coming with her.

I thought she was kidding, but the things they told her weren't to sell something, nor were directing her to go to some agency.  I am still a little skeptical, since I have not heard of GUZ calling people, especially on a Sunday.  If it is true, however, then I am grateful to the VO for the heads up!

It was odd they called her on a Sunday, and they told her the P4 should arrive within 10 days, and for me not to call in the meantime -_-

She is in a panic, since they gave her a list of paperwork she will get in the P4 as well as what she will need from the P3.  Nothing out of the ordinary, except she is anxious that I provide bank statements and the title paperwork for my house, which I think is part of the I-134, but I thought only if my income wasn't high enough (which it is).

Anyone else run into this?

216871[/snapback]

Did you call GUZ that often for them to say something like that?

I've heard of a few times of the consulate calling..  it's better they call than to have misplaced something.. they can call for various reasons.

I don't see any reason to ask USCONGUZ a question about why they are doing their job with a phone call...  They are moving your case along and that's good new.  And we're not supposed to ask case specific questions anyway.

I'd be happy they called... don't read into it and create any conspiracy theories... it's getting closer...

216878[/snapback]

I didnt put this in 'ask USCONGUZ' :greenblob:

If it is a legit call, I think its great. If it isn't then others might benefit from it as well.

She is very tactful about who she tells about me. Maybe only 5 of her closest friends and all of her extended family know she and I are married. Why? Third party correspondence. To others she wears an engagement ring and doesn't go into much detail.

I don't think this is a random call, since the odds are one in several billion that a cold caller would get a visa applicant who is waiting on P4, and know this, know how often I contact GUZ by email or DOS by phone, and the specifics about my time at the ACH.

So, I thank the VO who called as I am very grateful for this heads up, and look forward to putting the last of my part of the P4 paperwork together shortly, to send off a package to my wife, with yet another music CD chock full of the soft love songs she enjoys to ease her stress a little :greenblob:

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

The VO called Yanlan, and I even got to talk with her before our interview. She told us the date of lulu's birthday was wrong, and if we wanted, we could postpone the interview, or take the interview and have lulu go as a follow later visa.

Yanaln and I talked about it over the weekend ,and the Vo called back, and we told her we will do the follow later and complete the interview.

Rick and Yanlan