Hi everyone

First of all, Thank you who care and congratulate my visa approval yesterday. The following is the details of my interview, like to share with you as I promised. I had my interview on May 17th  and I got that beautiful color-red slip. Here is my experience.

I live in a small town 35km away from Guangzhou. So I got to Guangzhou on the evening of 16th. And I lived in the apartment of Mr Yang¡¯s which is located complex with Consulate. Mr Yang is really a nice guy who helps interviewees everyday. I met Jim and his fianc¨¦e there. They got passed on 16th . We talked for about two hours. This gave me more confidence.

On the morning of 17th, my daughter and I got up at six. At around 6:45 we arrived at consulate, but there had been hundreds of people standing in line, though it was raining hard and strong wind by Typhoon ¡° Pearl¡± . Still People there were exited and some of them were talking and laughing with holding an umbrella. The queue was divided five. I was not sure which was the right one for me. So I walked up to ask the woman who was standing at the head of a line what her line was for. Immigrant or non-immigrant , she told me ¡°non-immigrant¡±. Then I knew this was our line too. I thought K3/K4 belong to Non-immigrant according to all the forms or introductions from consulate. We stood there about half an hour, I saw some guards appear. I heard some voice from one guard..K1 is that line. I know K1 is the same type as K3. so I walked up and want to make sure if we are in the right line. He said ¡° no, K3 must stand in those three lines on left side¡­¡± Well, I knew I wasted half an hour in a wrong queue. We had to move to the right one, but the end of the line. So I suggested interviewees must know the right lines before you stand. Normally three left lines for immigrant applicants. And their appointment time is the same 7:15am. The other two lines for non-immigrant, their appointment time is 730am and 8:00am.

We waited another 30or 35 minutes in the storm with umbrella before we got allowance to enter the building. going up the fourth floor by escalator. I saw some Chinese staff again, show them passport, appointment letter again.

When my daughter and I crossed the security system door, their belt line was broken. It wasn¡¯t working . One of the Chinese guy then shouted to us , put all your things on the floor. (but he didn¡¯t say where, just floor), so my daughter put her bag on the floor just at the door. ( first time for her to get through this system), but the guard yelled at her,¡± I told you to put your bag down on the floor, you couldn¡¯t understand me ? you are stupid girl ! ¡° my daughter said ¡° I m sorry , I don¡¯t understand where to put¡­¡± I was so mad at him about his yelling and saying like that to a 13 year-old-girl. Suddenly I was in bad mood and got fire inside . I wanted to tell this rude man to pay attention to his attitude, but my daughter stopped me.. I have been a teacher for 18 years. I have never ever yelled at my students , of course never ever said any ¡° you are stupid child¡± words whatever they do. I really don¡¯t understand why consulate hires such a bad educated Chinese guy working there. After that stupid system, we went into a sitting hall, I saw 13 windows, I figured out those are the windows we would talk to VO. We found two seats and waited for next. About 15 minutes later, my name was called from window 21. I went there , the guy asked me about the packet which hospital had packed. I gave it to him, he opened and checked , and then he said : ¡° ok, all your necessary documents are here, give VO more when he asked.¡± And gave me a number. I sat back and waited. About anther 10minutes. My number was called from window 18 for fingerprints. It was no need for children, my daughter wasn¡¯t asked to do that.

At around 9:00am, I saw a white face show in window 23. I knew he was visa officer. I told my daughter he is VO. Interview started, my daughter said ¡° I m so scared and nervous mom, I must go to bathroom first.¡± I said ¡° girl ,chill out¡± she came back very soon. And I thought our interview must come very late. Because we were at the end of line. So I went to bathroom too in case I would be called any time later. Very soon, I just came out the bathroom, I heard my number was called. I rushed out to the hall and called my daughter to carry the large bag coming to window 28. ( because I don¡¯t have time to go back to the seats. ) she hurried off the seat with that large bag with all our proof and evidence in it. we walked quickly to the window. I saw a Chinese face inside the window. I realized my VO is a Chinese-american, I was smiling with greeting ¡° good morning , sir¡± he said ¡° good morning¡± emotionless. Then he asked me ¡° do you speak English or Chinese? ¡± I answered ¡° English¡± He said ¡° ok¡± he started to asked me questions with accent. English I said several times ¡° Pardon¡± because his English doesn¡¯t sound like American English but British English, hard to understand especially through that audio system. He asked me the questions below:

1. How did you know your husband?

2. When did he go back to the states

3. what is his parents names ? when did they decease ?

4. what¡¯s your husband job ? what¡¯s the shifts of that job ?(cus he is a security officer)

5. what did he do when he was in china ?

6. what¡¯s his kids names ? can you spell ?

7. where is he now ?

8. what do you know about her ex-wife ?

9. when was your first-time marriage ?

10. where is your ex-husband ?

11. do you know who live with your husband now ?

12. who is ¡°+++++++¡± ?( my husband¡¯s name) ?

he also asked me the following documents: the affidavit of support, taxes return, my husband divorced paper, our photos, husband¡¯s employer¡¯s letters. Our interview lasted about 25 or 30 minutes. During interview, he left seat twice, first time he carried my husband¡¯s affidavit of support and went somewhere I couldn¡¯t see. About 1 or 2 minutes. Second time, left and talked to a white girl who came across his back, but I could see him. (he turned his back to us. ) so I Couldn¡¯t hear what they talked. And never know what happened. I kept smiling the whole process even if he was wearing a very serious and suspicious face and never reacted my answers. And I never knew whether he heard my answers or not, because while I was answering , he was always busy with typing in ccomputer or turning over our case from the beginning to the end, then from the end to the beginning swiftly as if he lost something and he was anxious to find it. sometimes he disrupted me with another question while I was answering the former question. The only response from him is ¡° No, you don¡¯t. ¡° after I said ¡° I know everything about my husband spending 7 months together.¡± The whole process is slow, bored, frustrated and depressed of course. I saw nothing emotion from his face. He even didn¡¯t glance my daughter as if she didn¡¯t exist at all in his eyes. That¡¯s why I thought I would 100 percent rejection when I couldn¡¯t answer some of the questions. (Such as my husband¡¯s parents names and deceased year.) I spoke something to him, he never cared or replied, such as after he came back to the seat with my affidavit of support, I was so worried . and asked ¡° is there anything wrong with it ?¡± he didn¡¯t reply as if he never heard my voice. Then I said, ¡° I feel a little nervous now¡± still he had no reply. That¡¯s why I suspected if he heard my all answers or not after asking. Finally , after a long and boring time, he said ¡° I w¡­issue a visa.¡± I didn¡¯t hear clearly, but I knew he must say ¡° I wont issue the visa¡±. While I was thinking how to explain something about that blue-slip result, he might feel strange after he told me this , I was frozen there . he looked at me and repeated ¡° I will issue you visa¡± I heard clearly this time. I said ¡° thank you., thank you so much¡± but no other rehearsal wishing words at all for so long tolerance. When we left the window with that red slip, we were still in that awful atmosphere of interview with wearing unhappy face. People around us might feel weird why we got red slip but wearing a blue slip face!!! As the time we walked to the exit of the hall, my daughter said ¡° Mom, we should hug and celebrate it¡± until then I was aware of the importance of that red slip and became melted and thawed from frozen.

Well..at last , just want to suggest those sister interviewees ¡° prepare best for the worst VO, don¡¯t take it granted that all the VO must be friendly and gently, especially Chinese-american ones¡±. Best wishes for all those whose interview is coming soon. Just be confident, and it will be your day !

216235[/snapback]

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS! A good summary of your interview process and as stated earlier, invaluable information you shared with us. Especially, at least for me, a new set of questions to ponder, such as, Parents' name and decease data. I wish the three of you, your husband, daughter and you, continued success of love and happiness.

K1 TIMELINE

22 Dec 04, First introduced

26 Mar 05 - 3 Apr 05, First visit

14 Jun 05 - 14 Jul 05, Second visit

31 Aug 05, I-129F filed

25 Nov 05, NOA 2

24 Dec 05 - 2 Jan 06, Third visit

5 Apr 06, P3 received

20 May 06, P4 received

17 Jun 06 - 17 Aug, Fourth visit, may return earlier?

27 Jun 06, Interview

Great info, thanks! I added more to my "preparing for interview" file :surprise:

Welcome to america!