AOS filing question

a friend of my wife's will be getting married here in the US.. she's here on a B1 visa. After getting married they plan to file for AOS/EAD...

She is currently working in OH and her finacee works in Orlando... needless to say, OH processing is very fast for AOS (maybe a few months), while Orlando appears as a year and a half.

She was thinking of the idea of after marrying, finishing up work for a few months and file in OH.. then move to Orlando...

The question to the group is, do you think this is feasible or is there any risk? She would plan to get on all his accounts and establish joint ownership, etc.. but wants to utilze the faster location and finish working on some projects...

Is this doable or adviseable or not?

a friend of my wife's will be getting married here in the US.. she's here on a B1 visa. After getting married they plan to file for AOS/EAD...

She is currently working in OH and her finacee works in Orlando... needless to say, OH processing is very fast for AOS (maybe a few months), while Orlando appears as a year and a half.

She was thinking of the idea of after marrying, finishing up work for a few months and file in OH.. then move to Orlando...

The question to the group is, do you think this is feasible or is there any risk? She would plan to get on all his accounts and establish joint ownership, etc.. but wants to utilze the faster location and finish working on some projects...

216154[/snapback]

She will have to file a change of address http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm#who

216154[/snapback]

She will have to file a change of address http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm#who

216177[/snapback]

The point was to file in OH and have the interview in OH...

that's why I mentioned it's short processing times...

Therefore, no change of address in this example (I thought)...

She's here on a B1? Working? A few months? Might not want to mention that in any of their narrative. B1 implies visitor (if she remains on her company's Chinese payroll, that should be less of an issue) and transferring directly over to an immigration-based application's going to raise eyebrows. Is she planning to overstay her B?

On the surface, to me, this one might complicated. Unless they can establish some concrete proof of their being together after marriage (despite the actual physical separation) I see flags all over at the interview.

or, I'm an idiot and am reading too much into it all.

Just from what I have read so far, at the AOS interview would it raise any questions that they did not live together as husband and wife for the first few months. If they look at the work records, W-2, car insurance, drivers license, etc. it would still show 2 different addresses and 2 different states. Im just not sure how fast all the paperwork could be changed if the interview where to happen faster than expected.

216154[/snapback]

216177[/snapback]

then move to Orlando?????? When, you never said before the interview or after?? I know I aint too smart, maybe I just did not understand, maybe it will be ok...

Doable? Yes, she can get married and file the AOS. Yes, she can move.

Is it advisable to move and not file a change of address and attempt to persuade an interviewer that a relationship with multiple addresses and no change of address in the AOS file folder is legitimate? Heck no.

I am aware of one instance where this was done without problems. The husband and wife live in a part of the country where the I-485 processing was extremely slow. They moved to another part of the country where the wife found employment and filed AOS there. Processing was much faster and the green card will soon be issued (waiting on the namecheck to finish).

I don't know if the couple had any intention of returning to their original state or if the issue ever came up.