concerns Shanghai passports

This is what I sent to GZ. Worst case scenarion, say they no, and I only waisted 5 seconds and an email. Best case scenarion, we save time and a pile of cash. I know a few people would like to do that.

Attn: IV unit

Several K applicants here in Shanghai ( up to 6 or so ) are waiting to receive their visa letters. When this happens, this is what we would like to do in order to save both time and money for each:

Send only one person ( one of the applicants ) to Guangzhou to bring passports and visa letters to the consulate. Wait till the visas are issued and fly back to Shanghai. An "authorization" letter to the person going can also be provided by each applicants if needed

Can we do this? This would save a lot. At this point, we would prefer for the passports not to be mailed back, as time is of the essence.

Please confirm this would be possible and let us know what would be needed.

Thank you.

My wife and I (we're living Shanghai) are in the middle of getting the IR-1 visa, we're going to be in Shenzhen sometime during the February/March time frame. Going to Guangzhou from Shenzhen is a snap, so we're hoping to schedule our interview/visa pickup around this time, should give our government and Guangzhou plenty to finish up their end :lol:

Worse case senerio if you guys still don't have your passports and it can be arranged, we'll be happy to help.

It is my understanding women or men (fiances) who did not leave their Passport at the Consulate in GZ, will have to mail their Passport back to GZ by EMS after they get notified. For those who did leave their Passport GZ will be notifying these women or men it is being mailed to them by EMS. This information below was sent to me by GZ a few weeks ago.

If you all remember when everything changed in August, we thought our fiances were going to have to make two trips to GZ. This would probably be a hardship for many, so they changed their thinking pretty quickly. My fiance (11/20/02) has left her Passport with the Consulate as I suspect many others have.

This is exactly what I received from GZ on October 31, 2002. Hope this clears things up a little bit for everyone.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:49 AM

To: 'Bob.Malovich@ci.boston.ma.us'

Subject: Li, Li Li GUZ2002XXXXXX

Dear Mr. Malovich,

Sorry for the confusion. We will be able to mail visas to applicants when

the response from the U.S. authorities comes instead of having them make a second trip to Guangzhou for their visas. That's why we scheduled Ms. Li for an interview on Nov 20, 2002. If approved, she should then expect further delay before her visa can be issued. When the time comes, we will send her a notice to pay the delivery fee via certain post offices and mail her visa by EMS.

Immigrant Visa Unit

Bob & Lili

Boston & Shanghai :lol: :)

BOB.....love the dragon. But I'm glad he can't blow out the candle..... :(

No....wait wait wait. He's roasting a hot dog!

donahso,

... that might be 'she', cause female likes to make fire, and...male likes to be fired! haaaaaaaaa :(

This is what I sent to GZ.  Attn: IV unit

Several K applicants here in Shanghai ( up to 6 or so ) are waiting to receive their visa letters. When this happens, this is what we would like to do in order to save both time and money for each:

Send only one person ( one of the applicants )  to Guangzhou to bring passports and visa letters to the consulate. Wait till the visas are issued and fly back to Shanghai. An "authorization" letter to the person going can also be provided by each applicants if needed

Can we do this?

This is the response I received from GZ this morning.

"Yes, a power of attorney will be included in the notification. The

person who comes must have the authorization.

Immigrant Visa Unit"