K1 Bank account statement

Guest pushbrk
Does a K1 beneficiary who has an affidavit of support (I-134)from their petitioner need to show their bank account statement at the Visa interview?

Thanks in anticipation of a quick response.

215022[/snapback]

As long as you meet the mininum income requirements, bank statements are not required. However, the Visa Officer CAN ask for just about anything. Tax returns are a more common request than bank statements.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I dont believe a bank account statement from either the petitioner or the beneficiary is a requirement.

215031[/snapback]

It's not needed for a K1.

we had it ready, among the other stuff in our financials.

why not be ready for everything if you have all this time to prepare.

we had a letter from our bank saying how much i deposited over the last year. they didnt ask for it but this was just part of the financial packet the lawyer set up for us just in case.

why not, you know

Does a K1 beneficiary who has an affidavit of support (I-134)from their petitioner need to show their bank account statement at the Visa interview?

Thanks in anticipation of a quick response.

215022[/snapback]

As long as you meet the mininum income requirements, bank statements are not required. However, the Visa Officer CAN ask for just about anything. Tax returns are a more common request than bank statements.

215027[/snapback]

This seems to be the consulate's view. If income is sufficient, proof of assets (bank statements) is not needed.