My wife will be having her interview for K-3 in June. I gave her my work letter stateing i have worked there for 10 years, plus a lot of check stubs, and 04 and 05 taxes. Do you all think she will need 03 taxes too? I was thinking with the letter saying i worked for 10 years and 2 years of taxes is enough, am i wrong? Thanks guys.

My wife will be having her interview for K-3 in June. I gave her my work letter stateing i have worked there for 10 years, plus a lot of check stubs, and 04 and 05 taxes. Do you all think she will need 03 taxes too? I was thinking with the letter saying i worked for 10 years and 2 years of taxes is enough, am i wrong? Thanks guys.

212257[/snapback]

The I-864 officially only requires the most current tax year, but then GZ's paperwork asks for 3.

Just to be on the safe side why not order 3 years of tax transcripts from the IRS, you should have time to get them.

Guest pushbrk
Ok I found my w-2 for 03, should i send the completed tax record of 03 taxes or is a copy of the w-2 enough?

212555[/snapback]

Anybody who tells you it's "enough" to send less than what is asked for is not your friend. A W2 is NOT a tax return. Skipping the I-134 entirely MIGHT be enough but it is you that is risking it. You decide.

If you used Turbo Tax and electronic filing, most likely, you would have forgotten sign and date the copy of that tax return. Make sure you do so, or the VO is going to make you order tax transcripts which will delay things substantially.

It was a good thing that someone has brought this up on this site earlier, because I used electronic filing. And if I had not read that thread topic, I might have been an unlucky fellow.

Guest pushbrk
Ok I found my w-2 for 03, should i send the completed tax record of 03 taxes or is a copy of the w-2 enough?

212555[/snapback]

For the I-134, you only need one year (most current) of tax returns. You can bring two for good measure if you want...

212645[/snapback]

The three return advice reflects the suggestions of USCONGUZ, you can read here.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15273

The safe bet is three tax returns with the I-134 but unless one is self employed, no tax returns are technically required with the I-134.

212555[/snapback]

For the I-134, you only need one year (most current) of tax returns. You can bring two for good measure if you want...

212645[/snapback]

The three return advice reflects the suggestions of USCONGUZ, you can read here.

The safe bet is three tax returns with the I-134 but unless one is self employed, no tax returns are technically required with the I-134.

212684[/snapback]

I used to whistle this tune, and so appreciate the position, (and was in the minority... prior to GUZ confirmation of it)...

I changed my mind for two reasons:

1) Don likened it to 'pissing in the wind'.. as if we're going to tell the VO to read 9FAM or OF-167, who might demand the one form we didn't bring. (I understood the meaning and it's easy to get yourself wet).

2) Having tracked the interview documents requested for almost 1..5 year showed that they ask for the I-134 or taxes a little ahead of the employment letter.

There were times (ie: VOs) who accepted a different one than asked for.. and there are times when they did not or wanted more.

If this was a petition submission (just include a piece of paper of choice), then I would probably take up this tune again.. but I see too many VOs to satisfy (there are more windows since the move back in Aug), and there have been 'documents of the week' , as one member put it (they wanted to see a specific document from beneficiary's that day).

To reallly cover yourself, bring three financial proofs (I-134, taxes, employment letter)...

Guest pushbrk

212555[/snapback]

212645[/snapback]

212684[/snapback]

I used to whistle this tune, and so appreciate the position, (and was in the minority... prior to GUZ confirmation of it)...

1) Don likened it to 'pissing in the wind'.. as if we're going to tell the VO to read 9FAM or OF-167, who might demand the one form we didn't bring. (I understood the meaning and it's easy to get yourself wet).

2) Having tracked the interview documents requested for almost 1..5 year showed that they ask for the I-134 or taxes a little ahead of the employment letter.

There were times (ie: VOs) who accepted a different one than asked for.. and there are times when they did not or wanted more.

If this was a petition submission (just include a piece of paper of choice), then I would probably take up this tune again.. but I see too many VOs to satisfy (there are more windows since the move back in Aug), and there have been 'documents of the week' , as one member put it (they wanted to see a specific document from beneficiary's that day).

To reallly cover yourself, bring three financial proofs (I-134, taxes, employment letter)...

212761[/snapback]

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting leaving out the tax returns. I'm suggesting the safe bet is to bring three tax returns EVEN THOUGH they are not technically required, according to GUZ.

I like your suggestion of three separate proofs. That's safe too. That's what my wife will be bringing.

212555[/snapback]

212645[/snapback]

212684[/snapback]

212761[/snapback]

For my SO's interview, she will have I-134, 2 years of taxes, employment letter, Deed to home, Home apprasial, and bank statements and a cover letter from me with my passport on top.

Carl

Wow, I really opened up a pretty important topic here. I am prepareing my 03 tax stuff, and I will mail it to my wife next week. So she will have 1-134, 3 tax years, letter from my boss, signed and notorized affidavit declaring that I will accept full finantual responsibility of my wife and about 4 years of bank trasncripts. Thanks for the ( hotbed) of information.