Naming an Agent

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

I'll be naming myself as agent for both my wife and step-daughter. Since I expect to do so next week, I saw my mailman today and asked him a question about it.

The DS 3032 hints to add "in care of" if needed, so I asked the mailman about it. He gave me a form to put the names of all people authorized to receive mail at my address. I just filled it out and handed it back to him, so we're all set from now until we move sometime after they arrive.

Of course, this is the same mailman that knew I was waiting for the NOA1 back in January, so he brought my mail to the door instead of the box on the day it came.

You don't want the post office returning mail sent to a Chinese name at the Jones address.

Guest pushbrk
Mike,

I don't think you have to worry. I also used myself as the agent for my wife and everything I received only had my name on it.

211670[/snapback]

I recommend that for something this important, a single datapoint is insufficient for covering one's arse. :blink:

I'm not worried. I'm making sure.

Mike,

I don't think you have to worry. I also used myself as the agent for my wife and everything I received only had my name on it.

211670[/snapback]

I recommend that for something this important, a single datapoint is insufficient for covering one's arse. :blink:

I'm not worried. I'm making sure.

211671[/snapback]

point well taken, always good to cover your arse :D !

Mike, this probably sounds like a dumb question, but what do you mean by: "'ll be naming myself as agent?" Is this something I should do?

Guest pushbrk
Mike, this probably sounds like a dumb question, but what do you mean by:  "'ll be naming myself as agent?" Is this something I should do?

211710[/snapback]

It's a CR1 thing.