Guest pushbrk
My fiancee just received her first letter from the embassy.  They asked her to send them her work resume before setting up the k-1 interview.  Is this a common request or is it something to worry about?

Thanks,

John

211089[/snapback]

I have not heard of such a request. Perhaps others have. My first thought is that they are concerned her job will disqualify her in some way. Current membership in the Chinese Communist party would be a problem. So would work in certain security sensitive areas.

If the above does not apply to her, it may be that she has the same name as somebody they are concerned about.

Some others have reported that the VO would simply hand them a blue slip at the interview - a request for additional information. Maybe this is the start of a trend to avoid the agony and hardship that a blue slip often represents.

No - I don't think we have heard of this before.

My fiancee just received her first letter from the embassy.  They asked her to send them her work resume before setting up the k-1 interview.  Is this a common request or is it something to worry about?

Thanks,

John

211089[/snapback]

I am very troubled by this GUZ request. The mere existence of this request strongly supports the conclusion that petitions are being reviewed (and potentially targeted for denial or a blue slip) before the actual interview takes place.

Guest pushbrk

Thanks,

John

211089[/snapback]

I am very troubled by this GUZ request. The mere existence of this request strongly supports the conclusion that petitions are being reviewed (and potentially targeted for denial or a blue slip) before the actual interview takes place.

211105[/snapback]

We are talking about a "visa PROCESS". I have always believed and certainly hoped that the cases are reviewed multiple times before the interview. The interview is the final step in the process, not the end in itself.

As such I am very happy each time I see evidence of case review prior to interview.

Thanks,

John

211089[/snapback]

I would wager that the name check showed up someone with the same name, not uncommon in China, and they are attempting to verify she is not the person that showed up in that process.

Thanks,

John

211089[/snapback]

211105[/snapback]

We are talking about a "visa PROCESS". I have always believed and certainly hoped that the cases are reviewed multiple times before the interview. The interview is the final step in the process, not the end in itself.

As such I am very happy each time I see evidence of case review prior to interview.

211107[/snapback]

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined

Guest pushbrk
The interview is the final step in the process, not the end in itself

the above mentioned is the difinition of oxymoron. how can something be the final step before the final step. Ok, i'm trying to be humourous. I hope its working hehe.

211125[/snapback]

Yeah, it's working.

How about, "The interview is the last bite, not the whole enchilada." :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, I want a whole lot of people looking at my case and making notes throughout the process, so that the interview itself becomes the anti-climax of a foregone conclusion.