Taxes and how we filed.

Not sure if this is where to post but here goes..We have seen many posts about taxes and how to file..My SO figured this out, i'm to dumb.

This is what we had to do in Guangzhou..Just back from Heaven a day ago, now as someone said here before, I'm homesick, miss her so much..

1 - Take SO's passport to Notary Public office and have it Notarized there..2 day rush service was $240.00(rmb)..I forgot what it is in USD..

We had it done in Chinese and English, not sure thats required though.

They make a small binded book with copies of passport..

2 - Take the copied passport from Notary to Shamain Island to the Foreign Affairs Office (Building# 3)..They will put a statement on last page of the copies..Think that was $150(rmb) for rush service...

3 - Take the copies back to the US Consulate..They will add a page to front of all copies and bind them(again) with another statement..They will do this while you wait..The cost was $240.00 rmb or $30.00 usd for each copy you have..

4 - How to file with the IRS still working on that..Filed an extension before i left for China the 9th of April...

Allow yourself about 5 days for all this to be on the safe side..If this has allready been posted I can't find it..So thought would let everyone know how it's done the legal way..(no butts in trouble with our dear .gov or uscis...

I take it you are filing as an American-resident, jointly with a foreign-resident spouse, and applying for a TIN at the same time.

211003[/snapback]

she is still in china...question..how do you delete or edit a post?..delete would be better

211118[/snapback]

PM Don, he can take care of it.