I-485 interview

I have a Question on interview as well.

On the checklist, it mentions that the petitioner needs to have their Birth Certificate as well. Unfortunately, I don't have one. Does anyone know where I can get a certified copy, or if I can just bring all my IDs? I was not born in the US, so it will be difficult for me to return to my country to get it. Any ideas?

On the checklist, it mentions that the petitioner needs to have their Birth Certificate as well. Unfortunately, I don't have one. Does anyone know where I can get a certified copy, or if I can just bring all my IDs? I was not born in the US, so it will be difficult for me to return to my country to get it. Any ideas?

212122[/snapback]

I had always thought that the BC is wanted to prove your US citizenship status.. Since yours is not of the US, I would think that your US passport will do, since that is often used as an alternate (even through the Visa process most of us present our passport as proof instead of a BC)... Think back to the original I-129F petition you submitted.. did you supply a BC or copies of your passport [as proof of US Citizenship] ?

You can call NBC to verify... the number should be on the letter...

and let us know the outcome !

212122[/snapback]

I had always thought that the BC is wanted to prove your US citizenship status.. Since yours is not of the US, I would think that your US passport will do, since that is often used as an alternate (even through the Visa process most of us present our passport as proof instead of a BC)... Think back to the original I-129F petition you submitted.. did you supply a BC or copies of your passport [as proof of US Citizenship] ?

You can call NBC to verify... the number should be on the letter...

and let us know the outcome !

212144[/snapback]

For the entire petition process, I never submitted a BC, I only submitted copies of my passport. I'll give them a call a little later. So many things required in that checklist, will take some time to gather them, especially it seems to ask for all copies of original documents, etc. It feels like I have to bring the entire stack of documents I've submitted to them. I hope they didn't lose the medical supplement papers :angry:

You don't have a copy of the supplement ?! :angry:

The doctors are directed to provide you a copy... you might contact them to see if they have a copy...

Yes, they practically want you to have anything ever submitted during the process.. kinda like they are telling you to bring the kitchen sink !

If anything is missing from the case, they will ask you for it.

If everything is there, then they usually just ask for a few items more as verification (ie: married cert, taxes or paystubs, etc)...

You don't have a copy of the supplement ?!  :rolleyes:

The doctors are directed to provide you a copy... you might contact them to see if they have a copy...

Yes, they practically want you to have anything ever submitted during the process.. kinda like they are telling you to bring the kitchen sink !

If anything is missing from the case, they will ask you for it.

If everything is there, then they usually just ask for a few items more as verification (ie: married cert, taxes or paystubs, etc)...

212471[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't mean for you to jump the gun. I did receive a copy, but it's not one of those "sealed in the envelope" copies. They seem to only want sealed copied, which I've already submitted. Hopefully, they didn't lose it.

One thing that worries me. For our wedding, we went to city hall, and did not have any pictures taken of our wedding. It was a simple wedding, and no fuss, and that's how we wanted it. I hope that won't go against us. We do however, have many many other pictures. :tomato:

I'll report back later what happens at the interview.

I think if something is missing during the interview and you have it, they will accept it.. the only problem might be that is a copy instead of an original.

As for pictures, I think that informal pictures are better than formal ones.. you are more relaxed and not 'posing' so much.

I read in a past AOS interview that one person was told by the interviewer that at least one picture must be taken from the couple at the AOS interview, for the files... but they did not ask any from me.