how can i withdraw my k1 case in china?

hello, every one, i wish to find some help here, i and my ex-bf break up last DEC, boz he changed his mind and turn to others. after break up i ask him to withdraw our k1 case, but i don't know why he not do that. i check our k1 case status, NVC said it already mail to guangzhou this FEB, but guangzhou still not receive it. that day i e-mail guangzhou (GuangzhouIVReply@state.gov),and want to withdraw it from my side, this is the the reply,

Dear XXX

Thank you for your email.

If you want to withdrawal your k1 petition, we need a notarized

original

withdrawal letter form your fianc? We have not received your case from

the

National Visa Center yet. We will return your case to the Citizenship

and

Immigration Services when your case and the original withdrawal letter

are

received.

The U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou Immigrant Visa Section wishes

to answer your questions and process your cases in the most timely

manner

possible. To help accomplish this goal, the Immigrant Visa Section asks

that

inquiries about the following items be directed to the U.S. Visa

Information

Center.

Sincerely

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

is that means my ex-bf must withdraw it from his side, if he don't do that, i don't know how to deal with it, why i can't withdraw it from my side.

wish some one would help

wen

Edited by Dave&wen (see edit history)

When the P-3 arrives do not return the paperwork. After a period of time the case will be returned to the US.

I am not sure if there is a method for you to have the case returned without him writing a letter.

But you could write a letter to GZ stating that your relationship ended before the case was sent to China and you wish for them to make a note with the case that you have repeatly requested the petitioner to remove the petition without success and you would not consider following through with this case. It might be good to note his infidelity in this letter.

Sending the letter to GZ should help to maintain your reputation with the Consulate and not be viewed as someone who is only seeking a visa.

When the P-3 arrives do not return the paperwork. After a period of time the case will be returned to the US.

I am not sure if there is a method for you to have the case returned without him writing a letter.

But you could write a letter to GZ stating that your relationship ended before the case was sent to China and you wish for them to make a note with the case that you have repeatly requested the petitioner to remove the petition without success and you would not consider following through with this case. It might be good to note his infidelity in this letter.

Sending the letter to GZ should help to maintain your reputation with the Consulate and not be viewed as someone who is only seeking a visa.

210359[/snapback]

I think Lee has given you an excellent answer! Wait until P3 arrives, then send a letter to GUZ saying everything you have said here, and don't return P3 to GUZ. The petition should lapse on its own accord.

The visa circumstances are trying, but the personal hurt you feel must be very great.

There is so much in terms of time, effort and hope invested in getting a visa the fact that everything is ultimately based on the success or failure (not yours!) of the relationship itself, is often lost in the process.

Good luck in straightening out the visa withdrawal and in moving on with your life.

Once Guanzhou received the Petition they should send you as benficiary the P3 Packet, If you do not send in the P3 packet the case will be viewed as abandoned by the GZ. Normally the initial 4-month validity of a petition from NVC will expire if there is no action on you or the petitioner, while the consular can review this 4 month period of validity they should send a follow-up letter to the beneficiary, with a copy to the petitioner, and request a reply within 60 days. If the 60-day period passes without a response from either party or if the response indicates that the couple no longer plans marriage, the case is to be considered abandoned, the petition is to be retained at the post for a period of one year and then destroyed. I would when you receive the P3 write or fax the GZ and get a copy of their response.