Traveling with the GC

In the recent past of finalizing Jen's green card and eventual trip to China, a thought had occured to me. When asked, Jen stated that she wanted her green card to have her married name so it will read, her given name followed by her family name then my family name.

As soon as we get the GC, I'll take her to update her SS card and get a CA ID with her name as it is on the GC, but the question remains, what about her passport? Is this going to present any problems not having an exact match? If needs be, we could always go to the embassy in SF if she needs to update, but I just don't know if we really need to or not.

Her tickets should match her passport for international travel. Domestic could be done in her married name as on the green card.

Now that she has her green card you can get her passport updated, but it is not required.

If your going to be in Fushun in June we might have to get together. :greenblob:

210325[/snapback]

Thanks for the input Lee. Unfortunately, Jen won't be headed that way until late July and I won't be following until mid October. :)

Now that Ping has the GC in hand she is itching to use it. So, we are planning a day trip soon down to Mexico. Have to break that card in. The funny thing is now that she has the card, the home sickness vanished.

Liaoning Sheng is shaping up as a major subgroup of CFL. Maybe some day there will be a Liaoning get together. After all DongBeiRen are a different breed than the generally perceived Chinese culture. Must go back to North and South Dynasties and President Li of the Confederacy :roller:

Now that Ping has the GC in hand she is itching to use it. So, we are planning a day trip soon down to Mexico. Have to break that card in. The funny thing is now that she has the card, the home sickness vanished.

Liaoning Sheng is shaping up as a major subgroup of CFL. Maybe some day there will be a Liaoning get together. After all DongBeiRen are a different breed than the generally perceived Chinese culture. Must go back to North and South Dynasties and President Li of the Confederacy  :P

210417[/snapback]

Dan?!

GC in hand? :D I must of missed something. I'm glad to see Ping got her card, it seems strange to go fron not hearing anything. Congratulations! B)

Jen really didn't have too much homesickness, but now that the AOS is at it's end she is very anxious to head back to China for some time.