aos passed. green card in hand. yes.

well, we beat the beast... edith's aos was approved and we have her green card in hand!! :unsure:

wow, what a relief that was.

we passed the interview on April 11, and shortly thereafter we received a "welcome note". and just today we got here green card!

the reason i waited to mention our approval is that i wanted to make sure no other hurdles came up. i wanted to have the card in hand... and now we do!

i've been somewhat quiet about it, but that is not to say that we did always have this lingering dreads about "the issue"... edith's past membership with "the party". and in spite of that fact, we DID NOT RUN INTO A SINGLE SNAG IN THE WHOLE PROCESS.... k1 petition to AOS approval.

so for those out there wondering, there's no need to worry about the issue, imho. our advice is to just be honest, and there won't be any problems as long as the relationship is ligit.

so here are some of our AOS interview details...

at the first sight of our immigation officer, we both were rather intimitated. he was very cold and stern looking, but thankfully that impression quickly changed after the interveiw started. truned out to be a pretty nice guys...

He first just asked a few basic things to both edith and i...

give me your name

give me your address

does edith work? ... where?

how did you first meet?

how many times, and when, did i go to china?

when and where were you married?

do you live together?

where do i work?

how long have i worked there?

... there may have been other questions too... don't remember

Then he got to the "taboo list" of questions in the I-485 (or one of those forms). He went through each and every one of the questions. of course, the communism question eventually came up, but edith just told her story, the truth, and there were no problems... no waiver form or anything.

after that he asked us about our joint assests. i gave him a bunch of stuff in both our names: bank statements, copies of bills, property tax records, and a copy of my 05 taxes, which we filed jointly. he just took that stuff, DID NOT even glance at them for a second and proceeded to put them in our file. that was it, he didn't even ask for any pictures!!!!

shortly thereafter, he told us we were APPROVED, and he gave her a temp LPR stamp in her passport and we where on our way.

again, WHAT A RELIEF!!!!

this is truly a blessing and we're just praisin' the Lord!!!

thanks all you CFL'ers... you guys have been an INVALUABLE resource!! thank you, thank you

ryan and edith :D

(we are happy people)

so for those out there wondering, there's no need to worry about the issue, imho. our advice is to just be honest, and there won't be any problems as long as the relationship is ligit.

209085[/snapback]

I congratulate you on your success.

However, I am not in agreement with the above statement. There are a few of us here who have been very honest in legitimate relationships and end up in unexplainable black holes.

209085[/snapback]

I congratulate you on your success.

However, I am not in agreement with the above statement. There are a few of us here who have been very honest in legitimate relationships and end up in unexplainable black holes.

209171[/snapback]

right. sorry, i edited some of my initial thoughts before the final post, and i meant to say that that there are always exceptions, even in the ligit and honest relationships (which basically everyone at this site).

didn't mean any to express and lack of understanding to those in that situation.

i'm thankful for the speed and ease of our process... i feel fortunate. and seems like things are changing, there apparently are fewer hang-ups. hopefully, not too many others will have to go through too much crap anymore.