More questions on the I-130 and the G-325A

I have not asked my SO but I have heard it is not cusotmary in China for the bride to take the grooms name is that correct? But if she does take my name which name do you use on applications?

Question 21 on the I-130 asks to give last address at which you resided together I assume I put N/A?

On the bottom of the G-325A it ask this form is submitted in connection with application for? Since we will be married to I just check other and write in K-3 or what?

One other thing since I will be attaching several documents along with the forms is it best to attach a cover letter to each form with a list of all attachments and the question they are relavent to?

At what time would you suggest my SO start getting the police records and medical reports, since they take sometime? Also does the police records need to be translated?

Again thanks for every ones responses I hope someday I will be able to help someone else as much as you all have been help to me.

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

Guest pushbrk
I have not asked my SO but I have heard it is not cusotmary in China for the bride to take the grooms name is that correct? But if she does take my name which name do you use on applications?

Question 21 on the I-130 asks to give last address at which you resided together I assume I put N/A?

On the bottom of the G-325A it ask this form is submitted in connection with application for? Since we will be married to I just check other and write in K-3 or what?

One other thing since I will be attaching several documents along with the forms is it best to attach a cover letter to each form with a list of all attachments and the question they are relavent to?

At what time would you suggest my SO start getting the police records and medical reports, since they take sometime? Also does the police records need to be translated?

Again thanks for every ones responses I hope someday I will be able to help someone else as much as you all have been help to me.

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

208648[/snapback]

For those who marry in China, it is much more convenient for the bride to delay taking the husband's name until after she comes to the States. Then you do a formal legal name change. The process in China will only delay your filing. So, use her current name in the order it will appear on your Chinese documents. Remember, even though her given name may have two syllables and require two characters, she has no middle name. Put "none" in the middle name blank.

"none" for the last address you lived together.

On the G325A, check permanent resident status and write for CR1 visa. You write for K3 on the I-129F.

Yes, attach a cover letter but also refer to the attachments in the blanks applicable on the form.

Anything in Chinese that will go to the US Government requires Notarial Translation. She can start getting those done ahead of time to avoid the expetiting charges. The opposite is true of English documents presented to Chinese authorities.

However, the police report should be delayed until you are sure it will be within six months of the interview. They don't take a lot of time, so many people wait until they receive the P3. I don't know what you mean by a medical report. Generally she gets an official medical exam just before the interview, using forms provided in the P4.

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

208648[/snapback]

For those who marry in China, it is much more convenient for the bride to delay taking the husband's name until after she comes to the States. Then you do a formal legal name change. The process in China will only delay your filing. So, use her current name in the order it will appear on your Chinese documents. Remember, even though her given name may have two syllables and require two characters, she has no middle name. Put "none" in the middle name blank.

"none" for the last address you lived together.

On the G325A, check permanent resident status and write for CR1 visa. You write for K3 on the I-129F.

Yes, attach a cover letter but also refer to the attachments in the blanks applicable on the form.

Anything in Chinese that will go to the US Government requires Notarial Translation. She can start getting those done ahead of time to avoid the expetiting charges. The opposite is true of English documents presented to Chinese authorities.

However, the police report should be delayed until you are sure it will be within six months of the interview. They don't take a lot of time, so many people wait until they receive the P3. I don't know what you mean by a medical report. Generally she gets an official medical exam just before the interview, using forms provided in the P4.

208662[/snapback]

Thanks Mike,

Yes I was refering to the medical exam. I dont see anywhere on the I-129F that I would put in for K-3?

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

Once you receive the NOA1 for the I-130:

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.) 1. Payment as documented here. Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. FC-029 Copy Certification. You may re-type this or include an original.

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

5. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

6. One passport-type photo (see note) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo (see note) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.

10. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130

11. Optional but recommended: Certified Copy of your marriage certificate.

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.) 1. Payment as documented here. Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant. 

6. One passport-type photo (see note) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

8. One passport-type photo (see note) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.

208726[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Question regarding the FC-029 copy certification I dont have a clue what this is?

You mention the NOA1 from the I-130 I dont recall seeing this before either can you eplain?

Thanks,Rick

208726[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Question regarding the FC-029 copy certification I dont have a clue what this is?

You mention the NOA1 from the I-130 I dont recall seeing this before either can you eplain?

Thanks,Rick

208732[/snapback]

One other question, on the G-325A at the end of the document it say be sure to put your alien registration number now I know I dont have one and I dont believe my SO has one either but it says be sure to put this?

Thanks Again.

Rick

Rick, I pulled that information off of this link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k3guide

I am going K1, so I really have no clue on those forms. I just remembered reading all the different options ages ago, and saved all the different links I found. I remembered reading about where to put the "apply for K3 on the I-129F", so I thought that would give you something to see. I am sure other K3 members here will help you out with what is needed, the night is still early.

Guest pushbrk

208726[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Thanks,Rick

208732[/snapback]

NOA1 is "Notice of Action" 1. You will receive this in the mail notifying you the petition with payment has been received and logged. You then include a copy of this with your I-129F submission.

Right, you don't mention K3 on the I-129F. On the left side question 11. you answer yes. I put in the box below "Only I-130 for this Spouse".

I don't recognize the terminology of your question about copies but Notarial translations from the local Chinese government notarial office is what you need for Chinese language documents and standard "notarization" for US documents submitted to GUZ are fine when needed.

Since neither you or your wife has an alien registration number you will enter the word "none" in that spot. :rolleyes:

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

208648[/snapback]

Hi Rick,

I am predicating my response on the assumption that you are married, but your post is a little confusing..

It is indeed typical for the Chinese bride to keep her own name as it is her fathers, and is also a sign of respect. That is my situation, and I have no problem with it. If you married her, then hopefully you consumated your union and you lived together (even if short time) wherever that was, is the answer to Q 21.

The response to the question on the G-325A should be your wifes name, since the I-130 is her application.

I would tab all the documents, forms, etc... but put a cover letter on the front sheet identifying each tab.

I sent in a copy of her Police report with my original submission, they are good for 1 year. As Mike indicated, all Chinese related documents will have to be translated and notarized.

good luck

One other question, on the G-325A at the end of the document it say be sure to put your alien registration number now I know I dont have one and I dont believe my SO has one either but it says be sure to put this?

The G-325A is a very old general form that fills many different applications. You don't have an alien registration number, and unless she is already here in the USA, she does not have it either. This would be "NONE".

208726[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Thanks,Rick

208732[/snapback]

NOA1 is "Notice of Action" 1. You will receive this in the mail notifying you the petition with payment has been received and logged. You then include a copy of this with your I-129F submission.

Right, you don't mention K3 on the I-129F. On the left side question 11. you answer yes. I put in the box below "Only I-130 for this Spouse".

I don't recognize the terminology of your question about copies but Notarial translations from the local Chinese government notarial office is what you need for Chinese language documents and standard "notarization" for US documents submitted to GUZ are fine when needed.

Since neither you or your wife has an alien registration number you will enter the word "none" in that spot. :whistling:

208740[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answers but I am confused. Question 11 on the I-129F asks if shes ever been in the U.S. the answer is no. Question 11 on the I-130 asks about former spouses, so I am not sure what you were refering to?

I also take it that I mail the I-130 first with the G-325A and wait to mail the I-129F is that correct?

Thanks,

sooner or later i will have this all figured out, I hope lol...

Rick & liyan

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

208648[/snapback]

Hi Rick,

I am predicating my response on the assumption that you are married, but your post is a little confusing..

It is indeed typical for the Chinese bride to keep her own name as it is her fathers, and is also a sign of respect. That is my situation, and I have no problem with it. If you married her, then hopefully you consumated your union and you lived together (even if short time) wherever that was, is the answer to Q 21.

The response to the question on the G-325A should be your wifes name, since the I-130 is her application.

I would tab all the documents, forms, etc... but put a cover letter on the front sheet identifying each tab.

I sent in a copy of her Police report with my original submission, they are good for 1 year. As Mike indicated, all Chinese related documents will have to be translated and notarized.

good luck

208741[/snapback]

Thanks,

I have a question though. We are not married yet we will be in June and I know now that it is best as well as customary for her to keep her fathers name. So that question is answered. But we will not have lived together since I can only stay for short periods of time, so if I put an address down where we lived if only for a couple of weeks doesnt sound like what their looking for. I know someone else said put none there. Would it be better to put an attached statement explaining that we only have spent several weeks togehter?

You also mention you sent the police report in with the I-130 but if its over a year before she gets the interview wont it have expired and you would then have to resubmit a new one? Just asking since I really dont know what the best way to go is.

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

Dude, trust us on this one. Do not change anything until she comes to the US. Keep all names, addresses, phone numbers, etc..

The slightest change can cause some kind of confusion, which can cause major problems. People have had delays in their cases because of a common last name, or because they put "none" instead of "n/a" or (god forbid) left a box blank...can you imagine if your SO changes her name? Good grief...you will take 6 years to be a visa..

Other than all that..don't sweat it. If you are for real and she is for real, you have nothing to worry about. It is the game players and people trying to hide sh** that have things to worry about.

Good luck!

Rob

Dude, trust us on this one. Do not change anything until she comes to the US. Keep all names, addresses, phone numbers, etc..

The slightest change can cause some kind of confusion, which can cause major problems. People have had delays in their cases because of a common last name, or because they put "none" instead of "n/a" or (god forbid) left a box blank...can you imagine if your SO changes her name? Good grief...you will take 6 years to be a visa..

Other than all that..don't sweat it. If you are for real and she is for real, you have nothing to worry about. It is the game players and people trying to hide sh** that have things to worry about.

Good luck!

Rob

208824[/snapback]

Thanks,

Yes we are for real. So you suggest N/A rather then using (none) in the boxes?

Thanks for you comments,

Rick & Liyan

Guest pushbrk

Good luck!

Rob

208824[/snapback]

Thanks,

Yes we are for real. So you suggest N/A rather then using (none) in the boxes?

Thanks for you comments,

Rick & Liyan

208828[/snapback]

None and N/A do not mean the same thing. You will likely find a need to use both. Use the one most appropriate to the question.

For instance, on the G 325A for a K1 fiance visa, when they ask about the petitioner's husband or wife, the answer is "None". For a K3 the answer will be either the beneficiary or petitioner's name.

If you are a US Citizen born in the US, the naturalization number is "N/A" instead of "none". If the relative is not in the USA, the answer to the related questions is N/A.

Some questions will be applicable to YOUR application and others will not. When not applicable, use N/A. When applicable but nonexistent, like a Chinese middle name, the answer is "none".