I-864 and tax return

In the list of documents my SO has to bring to the interview, there states orginal I-864 and tax return of the past three years. I have couple of questions for those who has been through the interview.

1. My original I-864 has been sent to NVC, how am I gonna provide the original one? Does it mean they want me to fill out a new one with updated info?

2. For the past three year's tax return, do they want federal or state or both?

Thank you very much.

bear

Guest pushbrk
In the list of documents my SO has to bring to the interview, there states orginal I-864 and tax return of the past three years.  I have couple of questions for those who has been through the interview.

1. My original I-864 has been sent to NVC, how am I gonna provide the original one?  Does it mean they want me to fill out a new one with updated info?

Thank you very much.

bear

208513[/snapback]

They only care about the federal tax return. I don't know if a new I864 is required but I would send a new one anyway. It's no real trouble. Mine is saved on my laptop. If something changed or updated, it would be a simple change in a field or two before printing.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks pushbrk.

I have a copy of I-864 saved in my PC too.  Yes, it's easy to make changes.  Does it have to be notarized?

208517[/snapback]

If you open the one you have saved, you'll see a place for the Notarization on page 6. :headbang:

1. My original I-864 has been sent to NVC, how am I gonna provide the original one?  Does it mean they want me to fill out a new one with updated info?

208513[/snapback]

1. Copy will be ok for the interview, GUZ already has the original I-864 in your pakage. Only those whose I-864 issued more than 1 year need a new one, and you can make it noterized at consalate free.

It happend a few days ago, a couple still hadn't a new I-864 on hand on the very intervew day , wife went for the interview, and husband went to the citizen section to make it noterized and then gave it to his wife. There is a way between the sitizen section and the interview hall, and they use same toilet.

2. Three year's tax return-- federal.

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)

They want the Federal Tax Returns only.

If you filed the returns electronically using Turbo Tax,

you most likely forgot to sign the bottom of each return and have not dated it. If you turn in a printed backup copy without a signature and a date, you might get a blue slip with a request for tax return transcripts.

It will be a hassle then, because you have to wait a couple of weeks to get them from the IRS by mail.

So double check to make sure your Tax Returns are signed and dated correctly.

Edited by Jonathan (see edit history)