UCSIS California

For those of you monitoring the California USCIS website, it updated last night, effective April 10, 2006. You will be pleased to read that California is now purportedly processing K1's for January 13, 2006. Of course, keep in mind that it has been purportedly processing K1's for December 31, 2005, for the last three updates (since February).

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think a lot of this published information regarding processing dates are to make them look good for their reports. Sometimes these dates may help for making a rough determination regarding processing times, the date serves more function when someone's processing has moved more than 30-days beyond the published processing time for the given petition. At that point, you can call the USCIS and request an investigation, not that it will help either, but they must do it at that point.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...stom&page=times

From what I can tell, it seems like California does one type of Visa until it gets caught up, ignoring all others. Then it does another type of visa application until it gets caught up, ignoring all others. Eventually it gets around to the 129F, and gets caught up.

As a result, they do a whole bunch of applications at one time, and a wide range of dates gets taken care of. If yours was last to arrive, it probably gets done with less waiting time. If yours arrives right after that visa type was caught up, then it probably languishes for a while until that stack gets full again.

Kind of like an overseas mail container. They can't send it until its full...usually takes 2-3 weeks. But if yours is the last letter before they close it up and ship it, it can happen pretty quick.

...all luck of the draw.

I think.

I think

CSC is really a black hole while VSC is very fast, it's mind-boggling how the USG allocates its resources.

206251[/snapback]

On that not of how the USG allocates thier resources, help me with this one.

Since I live in Georgia, I'm supposed to send my I-130 to the Texas office and it will then be transferred to the California Service Center. That just seems like a total waste of time and resources also. :)

Guest pushbrk
From what I can tell, it seems like California does one type of Visa until it gets caught up, ignoring all others.  Then it does another type of visa application until it gets caught up, ignoring all others.  Eventually it gets around to the 129F, and gets caught up.

As a result, they do a whole bunch of applications at one time, and a wide range of dates gets taken care of.  If yours was last to arrive, it probably gets done with less waiting time.  If yours arrives right after that visa type was caught up, then it probably languishes for a while until that stack gets full again.

Kind of like an overseas mail container.  They can't send it until its full...usually takes 2-3 weeks.  But if yours is the last letter before they close it up and ship it, it can happen pretty quick.

...all luck of the draw.

I think.

206347[/snapback]

You are close. There are a certain number of adjudicators at CSC who work on specific types of petitions all the time. However, there is a pool of adjudicators who address backlogs. When one type gets backlogged, the pool folks get after it and catch it up to date, then move to the next back log.

I believe this is true for the other service centers as well.

206628[/snapback]

As an additional point of reference, my I-130's with January 16 dates were approved April 12 by the CSC.

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you monitoring the California USCIS website, it updated last night, effective April 10, 2006. You will be pleased to read that California is now purportedly processing K1's for January 13, 2006. Of course, keep in mind that it has been purportedly processing K1's for December 31, 2005, for the last three updates (since February).

206029[/snapback]

As of 4/21/06, they updated again, now it's moved to February 03, 2006. So it's moving along!

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Proc...nter=California

206029[/snapback]

As of 4/21/06, they updated again, now it's moved to February 03, 2006. So it's moving along!

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Proc...nter=California

209984[/snapback]

Yea! so there's still hope! :blink:

It was accurate +/- a few days, in my case, I guess.

Recieved NOA2 in mail, then my case status updated on the site the next day. Then the email notification 2 days later. Actually 4 emails, singing the same song.

I'm waiting to see if the rest of the line can step up to the plate. Especially for ones here that keep getting the canned responses party line.