Interview cancelled

Well thought all was going well until today. Guz called us here in Nanning and canceled the interview!!! Someone somewher has put our daughters birthdate worng on the papers. All mine have the correct date and Yanlans too. But Guz says ilt needs to redo the name investigation again, This will take up to several months the lady said. All of Yanlans information adn dates are correct but the Daughtsrs birthdate was printed wrong somewhere. Bothe the medicals have been done already, now I think they will be neede to be redone again. I must leave on the 27th to go home and now I will loose the money for the 2 tickets for Yanlan and Lulu. The money for the medical is wasted too. All this time is wasted except I got to see my family. I go home empty handed and go through another waiting game because of someone that is stupid!

Well that is my update and sorry for vent to all of you but I feel really sick now, I do not know what to do besides sit and watch my fiancee cry.

Rick and Yanlan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. It surely won't be several months, and it was cruel for someone to tell you that. I can't help but think there is something else you can do.... :(

Rick, don't give up yet. Get over to GZ for the Friday afternoon meeting and take all of your paperwork, if it was a data entry error on their part you should ask them to "make it right".

Hopefully you can get better information from the VO on this and possibly still have the same interview.

At the very least it puts it on the record that you are deeply involved in the process.

I am really sorry to hear this Rick. change2marrow also had a birth date problem and I feared that it would trigger another namecheck. What a let down. Maybe the consulate will move you to the front of the line after the namecheck is completed...we can hope.

Your medical reports are good for a year, so maybe you won't have to redo them. The airline tickets might be useable still with a change fee.

I know how disappointed this must be, but it will end one day. Hang in there.

Rick, don't give up yet. Get over to GZ for the Friday afternoon meeting and take all of your paperwork, if it was a data entry error on their part you should ask them to "make it right".

Hopefully you can get better information from the VO on this and possibly still have the same interview.

At the very least it puts it on the record that you are deeply involved in the process.

206003[/snapback]

Now, that's an idea. Maybe it would be possible to conclude the interview as scheduled, so the consulate can issue the visa immediately upon receipt of the namecheck. Make some inquiries and see if it's possible.

Sad part is Yanlan never made copies of her application or forms. Bad move on her part. Now it comes back to bite us in the ass!!!

Both medcval reports are in One envelope too. Yanlans and Lulus.

I will need to see if KDCAL will help change the tickets, she said she will do nothing about the luggage so I do not expect much help in ticket change either. And I am running out of money!!!

Oh well.

Well thought all was going well until today. Guz called us here in Nanning and canceled the interview!!! Someone somewher has put our daughters birthdate worng on the papers. All mine have the correct date and Yanlans too. But Guz says ilt needs to redo the name investigation again, This will take up to several months the lady said. All of Yanlans information adn dates are correct but the Daughtsrs birthdate was printed wrong somewhere. Bothe the medicals have been done already, now I think they will be neede to be redone again. I must leave on the 27th to go home and now I will loose the money for the 2 tickets for Yanlan and Lulu. The money for the medical is wasted too. All this time is wasted except I got to see my family. I go home empty handed and go through another waiting game because of someone that is stupid!

Well that is my update and sorry for vent to all of you but I feel really sick now, I do not know what to do besides sit and watch my fiancee cry.

Rick and Yanlan

206001[/snapback]

I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best. Hang in there

Rick and Yanlan

206001[/snapback]

Hey don't worry about the venting. This is why we are here. Lord knows I've vented here enough for while after my problem happened.

I hope if you visit the embassy, something positive will happen.

Thanks guys what a huge let down after a great reunion with the family. nygatl I know my problem isn't as great as your was. I am glad to see you have made it through yours with out too much damage. I know we will make it through this but I just do not like getting slapped in the face, because of someone elses mistake. I can see how easy it was for them to make the mistake because Lulu birthday is 12/20/88 They put 2/20/88 Someone for got the "1" We faxed the information when I got here on the 5th, to correct their mistake and now they thank us with this.

Thanks guys what a huge let down after a great reunion with the family. nygatl I know my problem isn't as great as your was. I am glad to see you have made it through yours with out too much damage. I know we will make it through this but I just do not like getting slapped in the face, because of someone elses mistake. I can see how easy it was for them to make the mistake because Lulu birthday is 12/20/88 They put 2/20/88 Someone for got the "1" We faxed the information when I got here on the 5th, to correct their mistake and now they thank us with this.

206017[/snapback]

Rick, take a shot with with consulate, make sure to be there early to get your number.

206017[/snapback]

Rick, take a shot with with consulate, make sure to be there early to get your number.

206022[/snapback]

I copied this from the GUZ area yesterday.

ACH is Friday for Immigrant Visas at 230, but be there by 130-145 to get a low number and thus not waste precious SO time sitting and waiting. They shut the door at 200, so don't get there late or you are out of luck. I got there about 140 and I was 15 or so numbers down the list, so I waited about 20 minutes into the hour. Spoke to a guy at the window for about 5 minutes and out the door. I will post the details separately.

Rick and Yanlan

206001[/snapback]

I am really sorry to read the problems you are encountering. Hang in there!

206017[/snapback]

206022[/snapback]

This one seems worthy of a call to the Consulate General!! When I was in GZ, a gal got a blue slip and I talked to her husband in Indiana. He was so upset that he called the Consulate General and got some different info and approaches from what was on the blue slip regarding the request for a video, so in this case I think the Consulate General would definitely make something happen if he knew it was their screw up, like have the interview now and issue the visa later after the name check is complete.... plus the financial hardship and mental anquish this has caused to you. I don't know if his phone number is listed on the GZ website or not, but this guy in Indiana had the number handy. Maybe it's here on CFL somewhere... ??

Really sorry to hear of this horrible situation Rick!! Hang in there. Make a call and see if you can still go through with the interview as planned. They won't be able to come home with you, but you should be able to get the tickets changed, at least the China airline part. Good luck!!