Getting Married in China

First, My SO is afraid that I will have problems with the K1, because of my past problems. Some guy who is supposed to have over 20 years experience has convinced her, the K1 is not our best option... She wants to get married in China. I might be open to this notion, not wanting to rock the boat.... what the general thought on this???

I understand to marry in China, you must get authorization from the embassy in the US or GUZ(Gus wouldn't be my best choice). How long does it take to get the authorization from the Chinese embassy? Which one would I contact here for this matter?

And I see many submit both the CR1 and the K3.isn't that pretty expensive? I have seen some who did the CR1 here are still waiting after a year. My K1 happened in 10 months, last time. Someone mentioned of a similar situation here and the noticed not much difference in the processing time.

Guest pushbrk
About 30 minutes if your past isn't cluttered with past marriages.

205659[/snapback]

You've got plenty of time to work out the details, none of which can be done until your current marriage is legally terminated. There are previous threads discussing the three possible ways to prove to the Chinese authorities that you are eligible to marry. If half a day in GUZ is convenient for you, I think that is the cleanest and easiest option.

Yes, the CR1/K3 visa processes generally take longer and involve some extra expense. The extra isn't much compared to the travel and other expenses involved in marrying a Chinese woman.

I have to say CR1 takes much longer time K1 even though sometimes you applied for K3. Money is not main issue, only $165 extra, but my K3 is much slower than CR1, and it didnt expedite my CR1 at all. :eyebrow: I still dont get my P4 package, but got interview date by calling DOS. My CR1 will be last for 18 months by the time 7th june. :huh:

205659[/snapback]

You've got plenty of time to work out the details, none of which can be done until your current marriage is legally terminated. There are previous threads discussing the three possible ways to prove to the Chinese authorities that you are eligible to marry. If half a day in GUZ is convenient for you, I think that is the cleanest and easiest option.

Yes, the CR1/K3 visa processes generally take longer and involve some extra expense. The extra isn't much compared to the travel and other expenses involved in marrying a Chinese woman.

205663[/snapback]

I'm quite aware I can't do anything until I'm divorced. I wouldn't be eligible to get a certicate to marry otherwise. No sense in waiting to the last minute to get information, is there?

A day in Guz isn't what I really want to do, if I can handle it from the US by mail. I was looking for a sense of days needed to do so by mail if that was my choice.

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

I'm quite aware I can't do anything until I'm divorced. I wouldn't be eligible to get a certicate to marry otherwise. No sense in waiting to the last minute to get information, is there?

A day in Guz isn't what I really want to do, if I can handle it from the US by mail. I was looking for a sense of days needed to do so by mail if that was my choice.

205727[/snapback]

I got mine by mail. it took about 3 weeks for the whole process but I paid for expedited service and used FedEx. Just follow these instruction. Very Easy.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/fhjh/t84256.htm

http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

205727[/snapback]

I got mine by mail. it took about 3 weeks for the whole process but I paid for expedited service and used FedEx. Just follow these instruction. Very Easy.

205731[/snapback]

Thanks Stephen. I'm a little confused about 1 and 2 in the how to apply section. But I will make sense of it. Thanks again. Just what I wanted.

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

205727[/snapback]

205731[/snapback]

Thanks Stephen. I'm a little confused about 1 and 2 in the how to apply section. But I will make sense of it. Thanks again. Just what I wanted.

205732[/snapback]

Just copy the Affidavid "Sample" into word. Fill in the blanks and have it notorized. You don't need #2. Do a search for your Secretary of State for the State you live in and send it there.

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

205727[/snapback]

205731[/snapback]

205732[/snapback]

Just copy the Affidavid "Sample" into word. Fill in the blanks and have it notorized. You don't need #2. Do a search for your Secretary of State for the State you live in and send it there.

205733[/snapback]

I was referring to the chinese embassy instructions. Thanks

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

205727[/snapback]

205731[/snapback]

205732[/snapback]

205733[/snapback]

205734[/snapback]

Yes the Chinese embassy instructions. At the bottom is a sample affidavid. Just copy it. You don't need #2 if you get it certified by the Secretary of your State.

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

205727[/snapback]

205731[/snapback]

205732[/snapback]

205733[/snapback]

205734[/snapback]

Yes the Chinese embassy instructions. At the bottom is a sample affidavid. Just copy it. You don't need #2 if you get it certified by the Secretary of your State.

205735[/snapback]

Got it. Thanks Stephen

205659[/snapback]

205663[/snapback]

would the extra expense be aprox an extra $340 for her and her son to do the CR1? I beleive the K2/K3 would be about $340... so I'm guessing $680 for the intial filing.

Here's an approximate fees throughout the process:

---------------K1----------K3----------CR1

Filing:

USCIS...........$170............$170...........$190

NVC...................................................$70

Visa (IV)...........................................$380

GUZ:

P3 Docs.........$200...........$200...........$200

Medical..........$100...........$100...........$100

Vaccinations.......................................$30

Visa (NIV)......$100...........$100..................

Pickup.............$20.............$20............$20

AOS:

Civil Surgeon..$100............$100.................

Vaccinations..$100............$100.................

AOS.............$325............$325.................

Biometrics.......$70..............$70.................

TOTAL........$1185...........$1185...........$990

----

Check most recent fee schedule in future...

Here's an approximate fees throughout the process:

---------------K1----------K3----------CR1

Filing:

USCIS...........$170............$170...........$190

NVC...................................................$70

Visa (IV)...........................................$380

GUZ:

P3 Docs.........$200...........$200...........$200

Medical..........$100...........$100...........$100

Vaccinations.......................................$30

Visa (NIV)......$100...........$100..................

Pickup.............$20.............$20............$20

AOS:

Civil Surgeon..$100............$100.................

Vaccinations..$100............$100.................

AOS.............$325............$325.................

Biometrics.......$70..............$70.................

TOTAL........$1185...........$1185...........$990

----

Check most recent fee schedule in future...

205784[/snapback]

David you are the man!! ..... Since she has a child, these fees would be doubled?

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)