As it seems that a lot of "old-timers" ( in a K, IR, CR sense of way, of course ) have received EMS's , Visas and such in the past 2 weeks ( really 2 good weeks for a lot of us ) , I was kinda loosing track of our progress as a group.

Who is from last summer already interviewed list ( say July-October ) and still does not have a ( believable ) clearance or news of a EMS going out anytime soon?

Not saying at all that November and on interviews or P3'ers do not count, but I was wondering about the BH interviewed group.

Admin: If we can pin this for a bit, maybe we can try and help with suggestions for the "still stuck in DoS Hell " folks. thanks.

Just an idea

One group, One fight..

Or like the famous 3 musketeers said " Tous pour un et un pour tous "

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blcamp

Rosy and I are still waiting, and have been forever it seems. :o

Her interview date was September 16, 2002.

The last resubmission was January 4, 2003.

I have been calling DoS once or twice a week. Same old, same old. Old.

We have Faith, Hope and Love... but when will we be able to start living our lives together? :lol:

Barry (Grand Rapids, MI) and Rosy (Wuhan, Hubei)

Rosy and I are still waiting, and have been forever it seems.  :o

We have Faith, Hope and Love...    but when will we be able to start living our lives together? :lol:

Hi Barry

What has been your course of action so far besides calling the 1225 line guys or writing congress people?

(sigh..) ;)

AZ, didn't I read lately some news about you? EMS or Clearance coming through that you think?

If not, sorry, and yes <sigh> ;)

Hang on... 3 am calls have been quite frequent lately to US fiancees' houses ;).. When it does come and it will , you won't care about the call killing your beauty sleep.. Trust me .....You'll be dancing naked in your living room... hoping the neigbors are not awake :-)

Rosy and I are still waiting, and have been forever it seems.  ;)

We have Faith, Hope and Love...    but when will we be able to start living our lives together? ;)

Try to talk to a consular guy at VO/P/I..... Cabral's office... Just say you need to confirm something about that resub business and duplicates... "White " lie if you have to, to get someone other than those 1225 screen-starers folks to speak to you.

You could also try the CA office of Harty, but the officers there have kinda clammed up after everybody and his brother called them, even for a question about a very early case.

Good Luck.

Yes, some answer from DOS that a cable (of unknown content) was sent to GZ and for fiancee to expect something from GZ in a few days, but don't know what this means. It is quite vague, and I have been told, "In a few days," before by A.S. DOS sends cable?

I am calling another person at CA tomorrow. It is my day off, so I am also faxing some letters. Until there is a visa pickup notice in her hands, I am not resting. ;)

Yes, I am hoping it is clearance, and that we get visa notice soon, but I still pursue them until she gets the visa notice. That is the only way GZ gets rid of me. ;)

Yes, some answer from DOS that a cable (of unknown content) was sent to GZ and for fiancee to expect something from GZ in a few days, but don't know what this means.   It is quite vague, and I have been told, "In a few days," before by A.S.  DOS sends cable?

I am calling another person at CA tomorrow.  It is my day off, so I am also faxing some letters.  Until there is a visa pickup notice in her hands, I am not resting. ;)

It has to be a clearance...

If on "hold", then there is no reason that GZ would be advised.. They are advised when the visa is cleared and has to be issued.

But a few faxes and calls won't hurt just to quadruple-check the info, of course ;)

Late Aug interview. Not a word other than e-mail from guz in early Jan saying it had been resubmitted. Just waiting for good news.

any more contacts with anyone since then?

My advice is: don't just wait... Try and coerce info, any info... Then you can cross check..and tell the B.S from the real stuff. You deserve answers.. Like everyone here.

If your only source of info is 1225 people, I suggest you widen your call list to the CA level, past VO/P/I . And forget those folks at the very end of the food chain info line. And also forget the GZ info team who hnows jack squat as many of us have found out.

Maybe the other guys will disagree, but this is my suggestion.

Good luck to you

August 13 and still waiting

Was getting information from congressman's office but now they

do not answer my emails or calls

George..

Try to call CA....

I found out that congress people get their info from the congressional info line at VO/P.... Pretty much the same crap we get from the PUBLIC info line...of the same office.. Even though when Greg and Sarah were here ( truly nice people ) , they could only see the stuff off their screens...Which we know is pretty much useless these days...

Same source: Office of Lisa Piascki

You need to get another one

Interviewed 8/5/02 and still waiting

I have mailed to all the congressmen and senators from my state (CA), so far only two replied but neither said they could help me with that matter due to 9/11 incident. Called and spoke with A.S a twice this and last week. He said my fiancee's case looks favorable when I talked to him last week. Called him again today but he couldn't pull up anything. At first he said my case is already clear but then said it was someone else with the same name but different birthday. He told me he will request someone to check my file (again) for me and that person will contact me in the next two days. If not, I should call him back on Thursday. He is a very helpful and pleasant man to speak with. Thanks God there is someone like him.

Interviewed 8/5/02 and still waiting

I have mailed to all the congressmen and senators from my state (CA), so far only two replied but neither said they could help me with that matter due to 9/11 incident.  Called and spoke with A.S a twice this and last week.  He said my fiancee's case looks favorable when I talked to him last week.  Called him again today but he couldn't pull up anything.  At first he said my case is already clear but then said it was someone else with the same name but different birthday.  He told me he will request someone to check my file (again) for me and that person will contact me in the next two days.  If not, I should call him back on Thursday.  He is a very helpful and pleasant man to speak with.  Thanks God there is someone like him.

True..

But what worries me though is statement like :

He said my fiancee's case looks favorable when I talked to him last week

What in God green earth does that mean..?? I've heard it from others before....

"Favorable" ? The computer either say yeah or nay....Not " well , perhaps... .. hardly " favorable"

I would definitely call him back on this

Good Luck