Want to hear some bullcrap?

All that pin number allowed me to do was schedule an overcome appointment. It really is just a shield for that government agency.

205266[/snapback]

Thank you Leefisher, I sent the fax this morning, I had no problem sending it. It was nearly a full page just sticking to the facts of the issue. Boy I hope this doesnt slow us down too much.

205412[/snapback]

You need to begin checking with DOS to discover if the fax has been logged on the case and the status has changed concerning her child in the case.

I worry about your full page of "facts", but hopefully they will understand that they need to change this one specific item in the computer so it can move forward. It took me 2 different faxed letters to get this done.

205415[/snapback]

Ok, just so you know. On the fax, i put down my wifes name, her GUZ case number, her birthdate, my name and my relation to her. I told them about calling DOS and what they relayed to me. then I explained her son is in custody by her ex husband and we do not need a visa for him. i told them i just want the visa for my wife so she can come and we can start a family and a life together, then i pasted the part about 21A question 14 and 15, and NONE. thats about it. nothing else. was that too much or not enough? It was 1 pages cause i double spaced everything to make it easier to read. =)

205424[/snapback]

Do you all think my wife should resubmit the DS-230 with the N/A erased and NONE added and send it to GUZ?

Question 21a. "Person(s) named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now" is NONE.

205431[/snapback]

I also put "N/A" down for that question, are we saying that GUZ needs to see the word "NONE" and "N/A" is not acceptable?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just so you know. On the fax, i put down my wifes name, her GUZ case number, her birthdate, my name and my relation to her. I told them about calling DOS and what they relayed to me. then I explained her son is in custody by her ex husband and we do not need a visa for him. i told them i just want the visa for my wife so she can come and we can start a family and a life together, then i pasted the part about 21A question 14 and 15, and NONE. thats about it. nothing else. was that too much or not enough? It was 1 pages cause i double spaced everything to make it easier to read. =)

205424[/snapback]

I think the bottom line here is that your son CAN accompany your SO to the US with the necessary paperwork and an interview, up to one year later. This is irrespective of your answer to 21A. GUZ will leave this door open.

As long as your SO's paperwork is complete, she will be scheduled for an interview, and your son MAY attend, but doesn't have to if he is not going.

If the GUZ asks for additional information, provide it. Otherwise, all you can do is to stock up on Cheetos.

All DOS can do is relay what they see on their computers. Official notification of anything will come from the GUZ.

205457[/snapback]

Unfortunately if there is a question about 21a they will stop all processing until the question is answered to their satisfaction, in our case we got held up about 7 weeks and I was fortunate in receiving an email from them instead of waiting for a letter.

GZ usually leaves question 21b open for children just in case things change and I'd bet that saves them a bunch of grief in the process.

I do recall a number of people having problems a year or so back with the children not being included in the P-3 and now it seems to be reversed.

205462[/snapback]

We, the honest and law-abiding citizens have to wait for nine months to two years to legally bring our immigrant SO's into this country.

Why don't we just sneak them over the border, wait 2 years, and let them become citizens the "Republican" way??????

Ok, I am jet-lagged and crabby to beat hell, but ya know what? The satisfaction of working within the system and getting her and her daughter here will be well worth it.

Ahhhh, the school system. I feel another headache coming on.... :rolleyes:

205673[/snapback]

yeah don't get me started on that BS.

I guess the Chinese mindset of Naixin isn't a powerful enough lobby tool compared to a bunch of admitted illegal aliens flying foreign flags in protest of being denied legal status.

Illegals of any nationality piss me off, but then we're just preaching to the choir, eh?

205857[/snapback]

Ok, the fax machine was not speaker phone, I dialed my ecallchina number , password and dialed the fax number, the buzzzzzz started and i hit start, the paper was ran through so i guess it worked. Anybody know enough about fax machines to think i should resend it?

Guest pushbrk

205424[/snapback]

I think the bottom line here is that your son CAN accompany your SO to the US with the necessary paperwork and an interview, up to one year later. This is irrespective of your answer to 21A. GUZ will leave this door open.

As long as your SO's paperwork is complete, she will be scheduled for an interview, and your son MAY attend, but doesn't have to if he is not going.

If the GUZ asks for additional information, provide it. Otherwise, all you can do is to stock up on Cheetos.

All DOS can do is relay what they see on their computers. Official notification of anything will come from the GUZ.

205457[/snapback]

Unfortunately if there is a question about 21a they will stop all processing until the question is answered to their satisfaction, in our case we got held up about 7 weeks and I was fortunate in receiving an email from them instead of waiting for a letter.

GZ usually leaves question 21b open for children just in case things change and I'd bet that saves them a bunch of grief in the process.

I do recall a number of people having problems a year or so back with the children not being included in the P-3 and now it seems to be reversed.

205462[/snapback]

We, the honest and law-abiding citizens have to wait for nine months to two years to legally bring our immigrant SO's into this country.

Why don't we just sneak them over the border, wait 2 years, and let them become citizens the "Republican" way??????

Ok, I am jet-lagged and crabby to beat hell, but ya know what? The satisfaction of working within the system and getting her and her daughter here will be well worth it.

Ahhhh, the school system. I feel another headache coming on.... :)

205673[/snapback]

yeah don't get me started on that BS.

I guess the Chinese mindset of Naixin isn't a powerful enough lobby tool compared to a bunch of admitted illegal aliens flying foreign flags in protest of being denied legal status.

Illegals of any nationality piss me off, but then we're just preaching to the choir, eh?

205857[/snapback]

Ok, the fax machine was not speaker phone, I dialed my ecallchina number , password and dialed the fax number, the buzzzzzz started and i hit start, the paper was ran through so i guess it worked. Anybody know enough about fax machines to think i should resend it?

205880[/snapback]

Did you get the single "good beep" at the end of the fax transmission like you get each time you are successful? If so, it sounds like you did. You can also run a report from the machine that will tell you if the transmission was successful.