Anyone been to Thailand?

I enjoyed the Drag Queen show (Something like La Cage Au Faux). These guys look more beautiful than women. These shows are so popular in Thailand. Thailand also has many temples. Go on a boat ride in the Bangkok River is cool (yet the water is very dirty).

Yes, my fiancee and I have been there. Bangkok, Phuket and Phi Phi. Cab drivers only want to take you to where they get commissions. The boys are more beautiful than the girls, a Thai tradition I'm sure your fiancee can explain it to you if you don't already know.

We went on a six day safari I strongly recommend. Guided, all food transportation and lodging arranged, English/German/Thai speaking guide.

http://www.phuket-safari-travel.com/eco-wi...orer-voyage.htm

You only go there once, STAY AT THE BANGKOK ORIENTAL. Pricey but you'll never forget it!!! Around Bangkok you can hire a driver to take you to all the sites in a day for less than $40usd. Sure they are cheating you but it is good to have a car waiting for you.

<_<

We are headed to Bangkok the first week of April.  Any suggestions on must see, must do items?

I go there about twice a year. Done also some diving in the Andaman sea. Not as good as Australia, but pretty nice.

Not to miss : Damnoen Saduak floating market , 80 km southwest of Bangkok in Ratchaburi province, is one of the largest.The one in Bangkok is too touristy.

You can try the Novotel Hotel on Siam square.. Very good , central and affordable. Novotel is a European business hotel chain

If you can go to Changmai, in northern Thailand, that is definitely worth the trip..Just stay away from the Burmese border area in the northwest <_< Lots of drug runners with itchy AK47's. Plus Thai and Burmese army patrols taking shots at each others.

Also the night flea market in PatPong district, Bangkok... Starts at about 6'ish pm. Nice place to buy lotsa junk you don't need...

I enjoyed the Drag Queen show (Something like La Cage Au Faux).  These guys look more beautiful than women.  These shows are so popular in Thailand.

Tony.

That's " La cage aux folles " Very famous french comedy...

"Folle" means "crazy" in French ( for a gal ) ."Fou" is for a guy

I enjoyed the Drag Queen show (Something like La Cage Au Faux).  These guys look more beautiful than women.  These shows are so popular in Thailand.

Tony.

That's " La cage aux folles " Very famous french comedy...

"Folle" means "crazy" in French ( for a gal ) ."Fou" is for a guy

My mistake. I didn't have time to check my French spelling. :o It is a movie and a play.

I lived in Thailand for 5 years 1995-2001....Must go to Chiang mai up north of Bangkok. If you see my ex-fiancee' from Chiang-Mai.....tell her I am still waiting to get my house and motorbike back that oneday she hauled away in a moving truck when I was on on a business trip. Her name is Duangsamorn Payathep or "Mam" (Age 37).....stay away from this women if you meet her...she ruined my life for 2 years after. If you meet a woman and she is beautiful check for an "adams apple on the neck"....most likely a man had a sex-change to become a women. Also, Thai's smile at foreigners/vactioners not because they like you, it is because they want your money !! Stay away from Patpong ...total dive and rip-off.

Take care and enjoy your trip to Thailand,

Sincerely,

Lived in Thailand before

Was born and raised there. Still speak the language reasonably well. With that said, we still pre-arranged most everything ahead of time. A travel agent from the US will cost you. You are better off with a Thai travel agent. Last year we used this company, Prailada Exim. They got us better hotel rates than we can on our own. You should also check the Internet just make sure. Our point of contact name is Tong. Here's his email address.

thaiwatana@hotmail.com

He can correspond with you in English via email and conversation fine. They will custom just about any tours you want. You should stay in central Bangkok (near Siam Square). Traffic in Bangkok is horrid. You can rent a van with a driver and tour guide for less than $50 a day. I would highly recommend a dinner cruise on the Chao Praya River. A trip to the flea market by the Queen's Park can get to some nice buys. Try the Thai massage at the SOURCE, Wat Po Temple. You will feel like a jello when you are done. If you have time, take a drive up north to Chiang Mai and the surrounding area. I would recommend a bus rather than a van. The road is pretty jarring.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can probably point you in the right direction.

Tom