I guess I am the only person who (although I read the instructions) still used a staple to hold pages of the same document together. I then used the prescribed afco fasteners to hold everything together by section and then more to hold it all together in one pack. My application went through at a good pace as compared to most others. The point of my question was to really try and determine if the use of staples (in the way I describe) would hurt IN ANY WAY.... In other words has anybody seen a relation to the use of staples and any delay?

I certainly did not intend to open a can of worms here - and I applologize if I offended anybody. I guess it is in my nature to make things like this neat - and I felt the staples added to the neatness of my package. It did not appear to hurt me in any way and was just curious if this was being over rated.

I think we can safely stop the discussion as it seems to be pretty well answered thus far.

Scott

Guest ShaQuaNew
I guess I am the only person who (although I read the instructions) still used a staple to hold pages of the same document together. I then used the prescribed afco fasteners to hold everything together by section and then more to hold it all together in one pack. My application went through at a good pace as compared to most others. The point of my question was to really try and determine if the use of staples (in the way I describe) would hurt IN ANY WAY.... In other words has anybody seen a relation to the use of staples and any delay?

I certainly did not intend to open a can of worms here - and I applologize if I offended anybody. I guess it is in my nature to make things like this  neat - and I felt the staples added to the neatness of my package. It did not appear to hurt me in any way and was just curious if this was being over rated.

I think we can safely stop the discussion as it seems to be pretty well answered thus far.

Scott

204822[/snapback]

Perhaps we should open a six-sigma statistical analysis regarding the affects of staple-use for the immigration process. I'm sure you can find several significant data points to help establish the irregularities and consistencies.... :)

I am not particularly offended by staples, unless of course they puncture my skin... :(

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I certainly did not intend to open a can of worms here - and I applologize if I offended anybody. I guess it is in my nature to make things like this  neat - and I felt the staples added to the neatness of my package. It did not appear to hurt me in any way and was just curious if this was being over rated.

Scott

204822[/snapback]

I'm a believer in the concept that if a bureaucrat has a stack of papers on his/her desk, they will we processed top to bottom, unless there is a very definite reason to skip one or more.

TRUTHFULLY...............

I would like to know how many people here think or beleive that by using staples on documents that are more than one page - will (would) indeed slow the process any time at all??????

Scott

204585[/snapback]

Multiply that 1/2 dozen or more staples that someone might use by 20+ thousand a day, 365 days a year and you might understand the whole, big picture!....u think that's why they suggest not using staples!?