Which fillable I-130 did you use? I used the one from the visapro website and that worked fine. Just make sure that if you download forms from that site that they are identical to the ones posted on the USCIS site - sometimes they make changes to 'em.

Make sure when using those fillable forms that you proof read every entry carefully, especially the G-325 where the boxes filled in on the 1st page fill the blanks on pages 2, 3, and 4 also. On mine, my lawyer filled out the fillable G-325 for me. I proof read it and saw that my wife's address had been cut off because the font was too large. I told my lawyer about it and gave it back to him to mail it off for me. It wasn't until I fired him 6 months later and took my paperwork back from him that he only corrected the 1st page. My wife's address was incomplete on pages 2, 3, and 4. My wife never recieved a single letter or package in the mail from Uncle Sam until her P4 came. All docs prior to the P4 were sent to me as her agent. I'de fill the papers out as much as I could for her, scan them in to pdf and then e-mail them to her for her to sign and mail them directly back to the visa center.

I think the problem may be what character sets you have for Adobe Acrobat. If you're just using Reader, make sure you've downloaded the Asian font sets, but I'm not sure that will help ... you may need to change the font size, and I'm not sure you can do that with Reader.

If you've got a full version of Acrobat, then you can insert text boxes with characters, which while making it slightly neater and easier to edit later, won't help really. Just handwriting or usint the cut and tape/paste method mentioned above should work fine.

I just got an update notice from Adobe, asking if I wanted to add the Chinese Simplified fonts (alf_chs.exe) which I did. After I did, I noticed that you can input the Chinese characters directly into a fillable pfd using Microsoft Pinyin IME, and the characters look just fine. But, as soon as I switch from the CH (Chinese input) to EN (English input), the characters are cut by more than half.

I just got an update notice from Adobe, asking if I wanted to add the Chinese Simplified fonts (alf_chs.exe) which I did.  After I did, I noticed that you can input the Chinese characters directly into a fillable pfd using Microsoft Pinyin IME, and the characters look just fine.  But, as soon as I switch from the CH (Chinese input) to EN (English input), the characters are cut by more than half.

205499[/snapback]

I have the same problem. I found out from a pdf expert that it is the format of the document. Who ever created the document did not format that particular text box to accept chinese charactors. I down loaded different fillable visa forms and found some accept chinese and some don't . Maybe write to visa journey or USCIS and see if they can correct the format. I think if you have a full version of acrobat you can do it yourself.

Mat