thursday interviews

well, I found out from my wife that it takes 2 days to pick up the visa, and since our interview is on a thursday and 2 days means saturday, that equates to a monday pick pick up date unfortunately... so it seems thursday is the worst day for an interview... on top of that, it's going to be during some big convention they are having that week in Guangzhou, so all the hotels have doubled and tripled their prices and most hotels are already filled, luckily my wife was able to find one... (and of course they wouldn't just take my credit card over the phone, so my wife had to go to a bank to transfer the money directly). Funny how even a wonderful thing like going to the interview can cause stress and be difficult... I tell you, I don't think any step of this process has been even the slightest bit easy or uncomplicated... and I wonder why in P4 they ask all the same questions all over again... I really cannot wait until this is all in the past for sure. I think we all deserve some type of medal or t-shirt we can all wear to show we made it through this heheh (that includes the SO's)... :beer: even basic training in the military wasn't this stressful or difficult for sure... I think if we all can make it through this we can surely make it through anything! P.S. I have to say, all my days of playing adventure games and games like Asheron's Call has surely helped alot.. I just looked at each step as a "quest received and a quest advanced", it was my way of turning something that was a pain to do into something not quite as bad... sort of like a quest to save my princess, only this time it is real hehe :wub:

Good luck to you all.

First of all, congratulations ! Despite all the other circumstances, you have reached the goal ! ! !

When you said "I think if we all can make it through this we can surely make it through anything!" I said that when I went to Parris Island (Marine boot camp) in 1976. So, I guess that is why I could endure this !

I think the most difficult part of this (apart from being apart) is the no control: not being able to manipulate or change something or make it go faster or smoother, and not knowing what and when things will happen. We are used to being able to call someone and get something done, or pay extra money to expedite or accomplish something, etc etc etc. We are used to instant results. But with there, we are at the complete mercy of someone or something else who dictates when and how things will occur. As Americans, we are just not used to that !

:beer:

Good luck to her at the interview !

You are, as we said in the marines "Short!"

First of all, congratulations ! Despite all the other circumstances, you have reached the goal ! ! !

When you said "I think if we all can make it through this we can surely make it through anything!" I said that when I went to Parris Island (Marine boot camp) in 1976. So, I guess that is why I could endure this !

I think the most difficult part of this (apart from being apart) is the no  control: not being able to manipulate or change something or make it go faster or smoother, and not knowing what and when things will happen. We are used to being able to call someone and get something done, or pay extra money to expedite or accomplish something, etc etc etc. We are used to instant results. But with there, we are at the complete mercy of someone or something else who dictates when and how things will occur. As Americans, we are just not used to that !

:)

Good luck to her at the interview !

You are, as we said in the marines "Short!"

203163[/snapback]

thank you!

hehe yes, you make some very good points :o also we are used to knowing at least when things things will usually happen... if from the beginning they said you will have your interview xx/xx then I think it wouldn't have been so bad... but the way it is now you don't know up until one month before or less... and the other part that sucks is that each step of the way is so variable in how much time it will take to the next step... and there's so many places along the way that there can be problems that you never really feel you're out of the woods and can just sit back and relax... all the way up to the last minute...

hmmmm, even though the post office is open saturday, I think since the consulate is closed they will not be able to deliver it to the post office (unless it is the post office that actually does the visa), it will not matter, right? but that would be great if it's true :)

I think the most difficult part of this (apart from being apart) is the no control: not being able to manipulate or change something or make it go faster or smoother, and not knowing what and when things will happen. We are used to being able to call someone and get something done, or pay extra money to expedite or accomplish something, etc etc etc. We are used to instant results. But with there, we are at the complete mercy of someone or something else who dictates when and how things will occur. As Americans, we are just not used to that !

crazy.gif

I think you hit the nail on the head. You wait, and wait, and wait and you still don't know anything. I'm still waiting to get to Step 2 and it seems like eternity until that happens. A vision of my case sitting under a huge pile of cases, gathering dust, always comes to me. This really hits home for me because I am a case manager supervisor in a government office. Many times there are cases that do not get worked because they are simply overlooked. Eventually, someone gets to them. Notice I said "Eventually."

Good luck to you and congratulations for making it to the finish line.

hmmmm, even though the post office is open saturday, I think since the consulate is closed they will not be able to deliver it to the post office (unless it is the post office that actually does the visa), it will not matter, right? but that would be great if it's true :smartass:

203195[/snapback]

Visas awarded on Thursday may be picked up on Saturday. Perhaps someone can fill you in on the times.

hmmmm, even though the post office is open saturday, I think since the consulate is closed they will not be able to deliver it to the post office (unless it is the post office that actually does the visa), it will not matter, right? but that would be great if it's true :smartass:

203195[/snapback]

Visas awarded on Thursday may be picked up on Saturday. Perhaps someone can fill you in on the times.

203212[/snapback]

thats great news! yes, if anyone knows about this please let me know

I can't beleive that my case was filed 7 months prior to yours and I still do not have an interview date, thats messed up.

But congratulations, its nice to see cr-1 completed, hopefully your so will pass the interview w/no problem.

T

203200[/snapback]

Thanks eeyore, sorry to hear about that... good luck to you too...

crazy.gif

I think you hit the nail on the head.  You wait, and wait, and wait and you still don't know anything.  I'm still waiting to get to Step 2 and it seems like eternity until that happens.  A vision of my case sitting under a huge pile of cases, gathering dust, always comes to me.  This really hits home for me because I am a case manager supervisor in a government office.  Many times there are cases that do not get worked because they are simply overlooked.  Eventually, someone gets to them.  Notice I said "Eventually."

Good luck to you and congratulations for making it to the finish line.

203203[/snapback]

there is also definitely an element of luck involved... I think writing to my congressman may have also helped, even though I got the standard 'canned' response...