Maybe an odd question...

Maybe an odd question, but how long before an SO is required to leave once a visa is granted?

I know the SO can request/apply for an extension.

What would be the expiration on the visa that is granted?

Back story: It could take my wife a month or a few months if/once her visa is granted to be ready to leave. And until a visa is granted she won't be able to start the necessary things prior to leaving.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Maybe an odd question, but how long before an SO is required to leave once a visa is granted?

Back story: It could take my wife a month or a few months if/once her visa is granted to be ready to leave. And until a visa is granted she won't be able to start the necessary things prior to leaving.

201580[/snapback]

I believe the visa is good for six months after the date of issue....

Waiting that long to get a visa -- I would hope that she is damn sure ready to hit the air by the time she gets it.  :lol:

201714[/snapback]

I am sure she is ready to go, but has things to take care of in China, that cannot be started until she knows she has the visa.

China is not like the US. Things can go quickly or they can go very slowly. You cannot predict. They are just trying to plan ahead, which is a good idea.

My China experience has been that promises, commitments, schedules, etc can be very flexible - you just have to go with the flow.

Waiting that long to get a visa -- I would hope that she is damn sure ready to hit the air by the time she gets it.  :lol:

201714[/snapback]

I am sure she is ready to go, but has things to take care of in China, that cannot be started until she knows she has the visa.

China is not like the US. Things can go quickly or they can go very slowly. You cannot predict. They are just trying to plan ahead, which is a good idea.

My China experience has been that promises, commitments, schedules, etc can be very flexible - you just have to go with the flow.

201718[/snapback]

You got that right, time is relative, but usually a distant one you don't think about often.

If you can't go with the flow it can get very expensive to push things along.

Waiting that long to get a visa -- I would hope that she is damn sure ready to hit the air by the time she gets it.?:roller:

201714[/snapback]

201718[/snapback]

You got that right, time is relative, but usually a distant one you don't think about often.

If you can't go with the flow it can get very expensive to push things along.

201722[/snapback]

Lee you got that right. Pay to expedite is fairly common in all nornal transactions, when Ying need a relpacment ID card, she could get it quicker for a fee. We did not need it quicker, she did not pay.

Some things cannot be expedited for a fee, or cannot be expedited,fee or not, unless you have some influence (guanxi sp? ) on your side.

Ying's brother, a policemen, was no doubt a factor in getting one day turnaround on our notary/translation stuff . You could see the now ancient post on police car ride back to hotel :lol:

201580[/snapback]

Man, I hate to sound , well not very nice, but... I would think your SO would get all her ducks in a row before she got visa and would be on the first plane she could get on, to be with the man she loves. Just a thought.

201580[/snapback]

Man, I hate to sound , well not very nice, but... I would think your SO would get all her ducks in a row before she got visa and would be on the first plane she could get on, to be with the man she loves. Just a thought.

201804[/snapback]

My current situation requires me to do a lot. Because I currently live in China, I need to find the right time to go back, be settled, have a job and minimize the time my wife and I are apart.

We also have a house here in China including a business. Without a visa in hand my SO really can't start on these thing. And I'm guessing it could take a month or more to tie up loose ends; Once a visa is in hand.

Right now it's a gamble to know when to leave.

Don't worry, you don't sound bad. I guess this can give you more info to help understand my question.