About reporting illegal immigrants......

I just have to ask. Why doesn't your company hire American workers?? There are plenty of them without jobs. I honestly have to say if they are hiring foreigners so they can get them at substandard wages--well then they got what the paid for!

199629[/snapback]

NO Trigg........

The reason why my company does this is because it is a seasonal amusement park that usually hires young people to do this job. In recent years the young people have chosen to take other jobs working inside (out of the heat and weather) leaving us with a need to fill these positions somehow. It seems that the hiring of foreigners works well for us.... At least it used to work well - now it doesn't. Now other employers in the area are taking the employees that we hire and sponsor and giving them a higher pay - therefore these workers now USE us to get to the USA and then work for companies willing to pay more than we can afford.

I just want to somehow get the government to contact the other companies and inform them that they cannot legally hire these workers - so they will only work for us - as their contracts and visas permit!!!

I don't want to cause the workers problems - I want to get the other companies to stop breaking the law and taking these employees away from us. WE sponsored them and supply their housing - they are taking advantage of us by doing this. Plus I am not happy that they willingly break the law and abuse the visas that the US gov issue to them!!!

Scott

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember,

When the  expiration date on

your wife's I94 has been met,

she is in the country illegally.

How would you like it if an

office busy body reported her?

She will do the AOS from a cell.

If you mess with somebody's

income and family, you will have

problems beyond your control.

199632[/snapback]

I think you are missing the entire point of the post!

MY wife is here legally and will continue to be here legally. I would not consider it any other way.

I am not being a "busy body" - as you say! I have 2 strong points to make:

1) I beleive in being a law abiding citizen. I don't think it is right for anybody to break the law!!!

2) I am trying to defend my employers right to operate a profitable business. We brought over 30 foreigners - because that number worked well last season. Now this year 3/4 of them are working illegal jobs elsewhere - and leaving us short staffed. So we are having to shut down parts of the park due to this shortage of manpower.

These foreigners are breaking the law!

These foreigners are not fulfilling their contracts with us.

THEY NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND LEGAL!!!

I have every right AND OBLIGATION to report the violations to the authorities - I am just trying to figure out the best way to do this that will produce results.

I THINK YOU ARE VERY WRONG TO STATE THIS SHOULD NOT BE A CONCERN FOR ME!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF YOU SUPPORT ILLEGAL WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY - THEN YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! YOU HAVE THE TYPE OF THINKING THAT IS CAUSING THIS COUNTRY GREAT PROBLEMS - TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK TO ILLEGALS IS WHY WE NOW HAVE SUCH HUGE PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY WITH ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!

You should support the laws of immigation - especially since you have a foreign wife!

Scott

Just remember,

199632[/snapback]

I think you are missing the entire point of the post!

MY wife is here legally and will continue to be here legally. I would not consider it any other way.

I am not being a "busy body" - as you say! I have 2 strong points to make:

1) I beleive in being a law abiding citizen. I don't think it is right for anybody to break the law!!!

2) I am trying to defend my employers right to operate a profitable business. We brought over 30 foreigners - because that number worked well last season. Now this year 3/4 of them are working illegal jobs elsewhere - and leaving us short staffed. So we are having to shut down parts of the park due to this shortage of manpower.

These foreigners are breaking the law!

These foreigners are not fulfilling their contracts with us.

THEY NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND LEGAL!!!

I have every right AND OBLIGATION to report the violations to the authorities - I am just trying to figure out the best way to do this that will produce results.

I THINK YOU ARE VERY WRONG TO STATE THIS SHOULD NOT BE A CONCERN FOR ME!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF YOU SUPPORT ILLEGAL WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY - THEN YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! YOU HAVE THE TYPE OF THINKING THAT IS CAUSING THIS COUNTRY GREAT PROBLEMS - TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK TO ILLEGALS IS WHY WE NOW HAVE SUCH HUGE PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY WITH ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!

You should support the laws of immigation - especially since you have a foreign wife!

Scott

199747[/snapback]

Scott, maybe this will help. This site also has a link to a CNN report on sham marriages. Not everyone turns their back on problems.

http://www.reportillegals.com/

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Just remember,

199632[/snapback]

Of course no one would 'like it'. That is why we are not lawbreakers.

Do we not report someone who breaks the law or commits a wrongdoing because we would not like getting caught if we broke it too ?

Just remember,

When the? expiration date on

199632[/snapback]

Of course no one would 'like it'. That is why we are not lawbreakers.

Do we not report someone who breaks the law or commits a wrongdoing because we would not like getting caught if we broke it too ?

199751[/snapback]

I don't get this guy's response at all. I agree with both of you, Scott. Our intentions to LEGALLY sponsor our loved ones in this contry are affected by the ILLEGAL actions of others. We have to traverse this slow moving process because of sham marriages, and the ILLEGAL abuse of the visa process.

I just have to ask. Why doesn't your company hire American workers?? There are plenty of them without jobs. I honestly have to say if they are hiring foreigners so they can get them at substandard wages--well then they got what the paid for!

199629[/snapback]

NO Trigg........

The reason why my company does this is because it is a seasonal amusement park that usually hires young people to do this job. In recent years the young people have chosen to take other jobs working inside (out of the heat and weather) leaving us with a need to fill these positions somehow. It seems that the hiring of foreigners works well for us.... At least it used to work well - now it doesn't. Now other employers in the area are taking the employees that we hire and sponsor and giving them a higher pay - therefore these workers now USE us to get to the USA and then work for companies willing to pay more than we can afford.

I just want to somehow get the government to contact the other companies and inform them that they cannot legally hire these workers - so they will only work for us - as their contracts and visas permit!!!

I don't want to cause the workers problems - I want to get the other companies to stop breaking the law and taking these employees away from us. WE sponsored them and supply their housing - they are taking advantage of us by doing this. Plus I am not happy that they willingly break the law and abuse the visas that the US gov issue to them!!!

Scott

199746[/snapback]

It is interesting that you wish to have these people work within the limits of their visa and basically be bonded servants to the company. The consequences of reporting them will have a more drastic affect, the visa could just be canceled and now you don't have the low cost worker either.

You say they still work, but only the minimum required and find other employment that apparently pays much better. If your company wished to resolve this easily they could increase the wages to make working for your company more desirable instead.

All I am hearing is your company is interested in the modern day slave traffic and gets concerned when the workers find better sources of income because your company thought it found a bonded servant and is not willing to compete in the wage arena.

Guest pushbrk

199629[/snapback]

NO Trigg........

Scott

199746[/snapback]

It is interesting that you wish to have these people work within the limits of their visa and basically be bonded servants to the company. The consequences of reporting them will have a more drastic affect, the visa could just be canceled and now you don't have the low cost worker either.

You say they still work, but only the minimum required and find other employment that apparently pays much better. If your company wished to resolve this easily they could increase the wages to make working for your company more desirable instead.

All I am hearing is your company is interested in the modern day slave traffic and gets concerned when the workers find better sources of income because your company thought it found a bonded servant and is not willing to compete in the wage arena.

199764[/snapback]

That's an awfully harsh response.

Scott,

Just what kind of visa is this? Can you point us to some documentation of its terms or limitations? The interpretation you offer does sound more restrictive than would seem reasonable for an alien with the right to work in the USA.

The issue is about legal and illegal immigration, not about whether it is right or wrong to hire labor from a foreign country. I dont know where all this 'bonded servant' stuff is coming from. No one forced these foreigners into America. If these workers dont like the wage offered by the company, they should find another company. These workers have a responsibility to stay legal, just like anyone else, regardless of the wages they agreed to.

Again, it is about legal and illegal immigration.

If these workers are coming to America LEGALLY, are FULFILLING their LEGAL requirements to the visa and the sponsoring company, and they are getting hired LEGALLY, then there is no issue here, other than the sponsoring company needs to find a way to be more competitive in the market.

But if the workers are coming here ILLEGALLY and/or are NOT fulfilling their LEGAL and CONTRACTUAL requirements, and companies are not LEGALLY hiring them, then this should be reported.

199764[/snapback]

Scott,

Just what kind of visa is this? Can you point us to some documentation of its terms or limitations? The interpretation you offer does sound more restrictive than would seem reasonable for an alien with the right to work in the USA.

199766[/snapback]

You are correct, it is a harsh response.

Lincoln supposedly freed the slaves, but the current visa process for foreign workers is doing it's best to make a new classification of slavery in this country and some businesses are more than ready to increase their bottom line in the process.

Now if the question was centered around enforcement of the visa without the cry of foul for economic reasons for the sponsor that would be one thing. But Scott is not looking for corrective action, which would mean deport the visa holder for violating their visa, he wants enforcement of other people hiring the visa holder and costing his company money.

Selective enforcement of the laws so his company doesn't need to pay competitive wages in the area is just so wrong in so many different ways.

Guest pushbrk

199764[/snapback]

Scott,

199766[/snapback]

You are correct, it is a harsh response.

Lincoln supposedly freed the slaves, but the current visa process for foreign workers is doing it's best to make a new classification of slavery in this country and some businesses are more than ready to increase their bottom line in the process.

Now if the question was centered around enforcement of the visa without the cry of foul for economic reasons for the sponsor that would be one thing. But Scott is not looking for corrective action, which would mean deport the visa holder for violating their visa, he wants enforcement of other people hiring the visa holder and costing his company money.

Selective enforcement of the laws so his company doesn't need to pay competitive wages in the area is just so wrong in so many different ways.

199772[/snapback]

How do you see the visa process making a new classification of slavery? Which visa category? What restrictions etc.?

199772[/snapback]

In his original post Scott said "Where I work - Romanians are brought to the area to work. The problem is that they all come here under contract with one company - but violate their visa by taking other jobs - and shun their responsibilies to the company that sponsored them."

I will take Scott's word for this, that it is an issue of a visa violation, and I wont accuse him or his company of anything else.

If everyone involved is legal.....1) Scotts company hired them legally and sponsored the visa legally, 2) the visaholder is fulfilling his legal requirements to the US and contractual requirements to the company, and 3) the new company is legally hiring the visa-holder, then Scotts company has no issue, other than they need to find a way to stay competitive and offer better wages, benefits, etc.

However, my interpretation of what Scott is saying is this: the visaholder is violating his visa and/or contract, and/or the new company is hiring the worker illegally, thus making this a valid issue to report, and Scott is simply asking us for help on where to go and how to report this.

Guest pushbrk

199772[/snapback]

In his original post Scott said "Where I work - Romanians are brought to the area to work. The problem is that they all come here under contract with one company - but violate their visa by taking other jobs - and shun their responsibilies to the company that sponsored them."

I will take Scott's word for this, that it is an issue of a visa violation, and I wont accuse him or his company of anything else.

If everyone involved is legal.....1) Scotts company hired them legally and sponsored the visa legally, 2) the visaholder is fulfilling his legal requirements to the US and contractual requirements to the company, and 3) the new company is legally hiring the visa-holder, then Scotts company has no issue, other than they need to find a way to stay competitive and offer better wages, benefits, etc.

However, my interpretation of what Scott is saying is this: the visaholder is violating his visa and/or contract, and/or the new company is hiring the worker illegally, thus making this a valid issue to report, and Scott is simply asking us for help on where to go and how to report this.

199779[/snapback]

I agree completely but bringing up the issue raises additional questions. What is legal is legal. I'd like to make my own interpretation.

The problem is that they all come here under contract with one company - but violate their visa by taking other jobs - and shun their responsibilies to the company that sponsored them

This sounds like they are violating the contract that brought them over - NOT the visa. If so, Scott's company may be within their rights to take them to court to try to recoup some of the cost of importing them. Or does the visa restrict them to working for one company?

The problem is that they all come here under contract with one company - but violate their visa by taking other jobs - and shun their responsibilies to the company that sponsored them

This sounds like they are violating the contract that brought them over - NOT the visa. If so, Scott's company may be within their rights to take them to court to try to recoup some of the cost of importing them. Or does the visa restrict them to working for one company?

199798[/snapback]

I think it is a visa violation......Scott said the work visa requirements only allowed them to work for the sponsoring company.

Right now these are considered immigration issues. Soon they will become criminal issues when new laws are signed.

After 911 things have dramatically changed. People are crying out for stiffer laws for immigrants. These laws, however, do not differentiate the reasons for them being here or if they are positively contributing to our society or if they are married to a US citizen with a family, etc. It will also make things more difficult for people who want to get married or are married to an alien.

See also topic - New Law Signed..., regarding marriage visas...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...topic=15144&hl=