Bringing my Fiance's mom to America

Yes - this post is about a visitor's visa only. Good for 6 months, with a possible 6 month extension - 12 months max.

They will be very happy to have her visit the consulate, take her application and $100 fee, and say "No!".

From the probability perspective, the odds are very low. Maybe 20% that I've seen. But you can improve your chances by demonstrating that she has strong ties to ensure her return to China, and will have the financial support while she is here.

There are plenty of cases where the visa was approved. Read up on what you can, including Tine and Ella

Good luck!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Coming to live with you is very different than coming to visit. There are a few ways for her to migrate to America--none of them fast. Perhaps the fastest way is for your wife to wait for citizenship then apply for her mother as a family member. Three years AFTER she recieves the green card she can get citisenship--then 8-12 months later to get mom here. Maybe five years total time.

Ohters may know a better way but.......

Coming to live with you is very different than coming to visit.  There are a few ways for her to migrate to America--none of them fast. Perhaps the fastest way is for your wife to wait for citizenship then apply for her mother as a family member.  Three years AFTER she recieves the green card she can get citisenship--then 8-12 months later to get mom here.  Maybe five years total time.

Ohters may know a better way but.......

196991[/snapback]

Thank you,

That is what I was looking for. Glad to know it is do-able at least.

Rob

Don pointed out once that when your wife has her green card she can file. Once she gets naturalized citizenship she can notify them and they can change it to US citizen filing. Theoretically this would give the visa a head start.