case complete at NVC

Just called NVC and they said my CR1 was complete on March 3rd. Told me two to three weeks to send it to GUZ. Then she told me "off the record", I should receive a letter sometime next week that it has been sent!

Now my question, as far as I can tell from tracking DHL, my K3 has been sitting at GUZ. since Jan. 27th. Do they wait until they receive a certian number of cases before they sign for them? I'm just thinking that maybe my CR1 will make it to there in time and there won't be another 2 month wait till it is signed for.

Either way, we're going with the CR1. I was just wondering what to expect, and hoping for the best!

I consider us very lucky that things have have went smooth up to this point, no problems with USCIS or NVC. Much of that is because of this site and everyone who posts here, if I haven't said it before, THANKS!!!

Now I have to call the wife :D

I'll keep you all updated.

Congratulations on getting through NVC. Now your paper file is in the hands of Chinese customs. Don't expect anything to happen for a couple of months no matter how easy it sounds for them to release the package. Li and I are K-1 and the next thing that happened for us was that another name or security check was completed even before they got our paper file. GUZ entering the hard copy in their computer means your P3 will be mailed.

Best of luck,

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
Congratulations on getting through NVC.  Now your paper file is in the hands of Chinese customs.  Don't expect anything to happen for a couple of months no matter how easy it sounds for them to release the package.  Li and I are K-1 and the next thing that happened for us was that another name or security check was completed even before they got our paper file.  GUZ entering the hard copy in their computer means your P3 will be mailed.

Best of luck,

Larry

196511[/snapback]

Are you saying that they will start processing the cases before the paper file gets released from customs?

Congratulations first!

It is my understanding that combing K-3 and CR-1 into CR-1 will NOT slow down the process. Just the opposite! When it is time for the K-3 interview, they will just have a CR-1 interview and issue a CR-1 visa. Since you already started K3, you name check has already started at Guangzhou, which really cut the waiting time if there is no K-3 or CR-2 involved in your petition.

Yes, NOT for the P3........but with the electronic file sent from NVC the GUZ completed another namecheck before our paper file was entered into their system, which was when our P3 was mailed.

So it isn't just waiting, a nice thought that at least something happened.......at least for K-1 (I am not familiar with any other type cases).

Larry