American Culture At Its Worst

It had been one of those days. Li and I had been shopping, ran errands, did a little of this, a little of that and, after struggling for two hours trying to get Salina to sleep, we both collapsed on the bed exhausted.

Li flipped on the TV and started surfing through the channels. She paused when the image of a 450 pound African-American transvestite, dressed in a strapless, tight fitting dress came on the screen.

Turns out, this was the Jerry Springer Show ;)

Said transvestite claimed to be having an affair with the husband of a woman who lived in the same apartment building and s(he) was on the show to let the woman know about it. She told the whole sordid tale, complete with what the husband liked in bed. Of course, the wife was back stage. When she came out, the two began hurling invectives at one another, then eventually. duked it out right there on the set. The 450 pounder flattened the wife, then pile drived her like something off WWE.

Then the husband came out and she let him have it too.

The second group was even more bizarre.

Li watched, dumbfounded, as all of this took place. "Americans are crazy," was her summation. "Reminds me of Taiwan TV."

It took her three years to discover Jerry Springer. God knows what's next.

Has your S.O. seen Springer yet? Why not let her watch? Love to hear the reaction. :D :toot:

It had been one of those days. Li and I had been shopping, ran errands, did a little of this, a little of that and, after struggling for two hours trying to get Salina to sleep, we both collapsed on the bed exhausted.

Li flipped on the TV and started surfing through the channels. She paused when the image of a 450 pound African-American transvestite, dressed in a strapless, tight fitting dress came on the screen.

Turns out, this was the Jerry Springer Show  ;)

Said transvestite claimed to be having an affair with the husband of a woman who lived in the same apartment building and s(he) was on the show to let the woman know about it. She told the whole sordid tale, complete with what the husband liked in bed. Of course, the wife was back stage. When she came out, the two began hurling invectives at one another, then eventually. duked it out right there on the set. The 450 pounder flattened the wife, then pile drived her like something off WWE.

Then the husband came out and she let him have it too.

The second group was even more bizarre.

Li watched, dumbfounded, as all of this took place. "Americans are crazy," was her summation. "Reminds me of Taiwan TV."

Has your S.O. seen Springer yet? Why not let her watch? Love to hear the reaction. :D  :)

196063[/snapback]

Hi Mick,

I think this must be done gently...

Would a Chinese woman want to join a culture of 450 pound African-American Transvestites? :D

-James

Guest ShaQuaNew

Has your S.O. seen Springer yet? Why not let her watch? Love to hear the reaction. :D  :)

196063[/snapback]

She's right. Americans are crazy! ;)

Yes, she's seen it, and thankfully is only interested in changing the channel....Course, at the chance of seeing a 450lb black transvestite, a look might be required.... :D

That show is staged.

196098[/snapback]

Ya Think?

The reference to WWF is particularly good. This is all 'entertainment' at it's worst. When my daughter and I both have a holiday I see her watching these kind of shows. I ask her if she really wants to be polluted or does she want to consider buying some of the products advertised on these shows. They usually sell for $29.95 and are worth at least 45 cents.

-James

That show is staged.

196098[/snapback]

Ya Think?

The reference to WWF is particularly good. This is all 'entertainment' at it's worst. When my daughter and I both have a holiday I see her watching these kind of shows. I ask her if she really wants to be polluted or does she want to consider buying some of the products advertised on these shows. They usually sell for $29.95 and are worth at least 45 cents.

-James

196110[/snapback]

:huh: :o :( :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

I think the show sucks too. I just thought it was funny we have an emoticaon for it on the BBS. Maybe the BBS software developers are big fans :P

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
That show is staged.

196098[/snapback]

Ya Think?

-James

196110[/snapback]

:huh: :o :( :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

I think the show sucks too. I just thought it was funny we have an emoticaon for it on the BBS. Maybe the BBS software developers are big fans :P

196152[/snapback]

Hey, I think you may be on to something there! :P

The show is sick, twisted perverse and the lowest kind of entertainment you can imagine. That's why I like it.

Makes me wonder how many closet Springer watchers there are. After all they guy has been on TV a long time. :huh: :o :( :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Yea I am from Cincinnati. Springer was the Mayor of Cincinnati also the Channel 5 Anchor newscaster here. He also bounced a Check on a Newport, Kentucky Prostitute for her services and she had him arrested for it. He has wonderful product knowledge and 1st hand experience of dealing with the lower ebb of society. He exploits the poor and poorly educated people who did not have the ball bounce their way in life for his profit. He came from a family of privilege here in Cincinnati. It is a outrage with his backround and influence he did not use his talent to benefit mankind by being a positive force here in the country.