Guangzhou Power Mail

My latest effort was today. I sent a formal request for action to Attn: Richard Adams via Global Priority mail. It is printed in 3 colors and sticks out like a sore thumb,with his name on it. Along with this I included color copies of both our passports leaving no room for mis-identification. With Global priority mail I can track the letter until its delivered. I also included a copy of the original Andrew Simkin E-Mail.

To: Richard Adams

United States Consulate Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Dear Mr. Adams,

I am writing to you on behalf of my fiancée XXX XXXX. It has come to my attention through the efforts of Andrew Simkin of The Department of State, that the clearance for my fiancée was transmitted to the Consulate on February 14,2003. State Message #XXXXX.

In spite of this fact and the fact that it is indeed a certainty that my fiancée’s clearance must be in the hands of the consulate as evidenced by the State Message # XXXXX. My fiancée has not received a notice to pick up her Visa. I appeal to you to look up the

Referenced State Message # XXXXX and resolve the clearance with case number (GUZXXXXXXXXX) and please send the notice to my Fiancée to come pick up her visa. Since she filled out the envelope at her successful interview on November 12,2002 she has moved, and in that light I am sending a change of address along with this letter. Please do what needs to be done to see that my fiancée is notified to pick up her visa. I ask this because of love. I appeal to you because of that which is right. Also please send me a copy of the pickup letter to fax number X-XXX-XXX-XXXX

in case the original is lost.

Sincerely

Joseph Petitioner

Applicant:

XXX XXXX (GUZ2002XXXXX)

Date Of Birth:XXXXXXXXX

To add some background on the strategy. When I sent my original stements of intent I used both passprt numbers and her national ID in concert with full color certified copies of our passports. At present GZ has her passport. I printed the entire letter but hand tagged the date and my signature which is echoed on the passport copy I sent today and also the certified copy they have. This is what we call a pincer. No place to run,nowhere to hide, no excuse. I Win.

To add some background on the strategy. When I sent my original stements of intent I used both passprt numbers and her national ID in concert with full color certified copies of our passports. At present GZ has her passport. I printed the entire letter but hand tagged the date and my signature which is echoed on the passport copy I sent today and also the certified copy they have. This is what we call a pincer. No place to run,nowhere to hide, no excuse. I Win.

You will win with a visa Joseph.. But I think you were smart of not letting them any way out. That is why I suggested a cc: to A.S, as he was the one to tell you.

Good deal Joseph.

I suggest you copy A.S by fax on that.....THrow the ball in their court... It's AS vs RA  , not Joseph Vs System, as far as getting their collective act together...

Thanks,I like that idea too. Were full court powerball.

Joseph, I lost your early thread about the visa situation putting a lot of stress on your relationshiop with your fiancee. I can fully relate to your situation. People around her in China would not understand why she is talking about going to US, and still here. They start 2nd guessing or wonder if it is for real. This would include her close family memebers. She would have no one to complain but you. But you feel like you are totally powerless and feel she does not understand how hard you tried. In my case, I am talking about my daughter here. Several times she would sound so upset over the phone that it made me upset too. One time she made me so mad that I slammed the phone after a very short conversation. My parents even call me from Shanghai and asked me if they lost her name in the pile. They also don't understand why I don't just use my "wai guo hua" (English) to speak to Washington DC to give her the visa. I can still explain far better than you can with my Chinese here. So Joseph, hang in there -- it should be over soon.

Good deal Joseph.

I suggest you copy A.S by fax on that.....THrow the ball in their court... It's AS vs RA  , not Joseph Vs System, as far as getting their collective act together...

Thanks,I like that idea too. Were full court powerball.

Joseph, I lost your early thread about the visa situation putting a lot of stress on your relationshiop with your fiancee. I can fully relate to your situation. People around her in China would not understand why she is talking about going to US, and still here. They start 2nd guessing or wonder if it is for real. This would include her close family memebers. She would have no one to complain but you. But you feel like you are totally powerless and feel she does not understand how hard you tried. In my case, I am talking about my daughter here. Several times she would sound so upset over the phone that it made me upset too. One time she made me so mad that I slammed the phone after a very short conversation. My parents even call me from Shanghai and asked me if they lost her name in the pile. They also don't understand why I don't just use my "wai guo hua" (English) to speak to Washington DC to give her the visa. I can still explain far better than you can with my Chinese here. So Joseph, hang in there -- it should be over soon.

It will..... Jacques today told me he'd trade a NATO veto for a visa... :angry:

Seriously, Joseph, your time is up soon. I sense it.. Although no guarantee, they are obviously hauling a** at GZ.. Hang tight !

And yes, Yuhui, at times doubted it.... she used to say " I raaate " ( read "hate" LOL ) the U.S,, but I knew she was just frustrated.... Now, she can't wait Wednesday.... :lol: