One of our sisters seems to have had some trouble getting this question asked. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding.

Unfortunately my post twice have been deleted or moved out of US Speaks.

The question relates to how to handle both P3 of K3 and CR1 when reach GZ station at close time. Rumor said that USCONGUZ might send letter to applicants for selecting one of them. I am speaking for many people of 001 who all need the direct answer on this topic.

I’ve made my question as in general nature and on topic as possible. If one of your moderators has different opinions, please drop some words for me after you kick the post out. Either word like “Not in general” or “off topic” will do. Otherwise no way to tell what has gone wrong by your rules.

Some topics are not as simple as you see, or we wouldn’t need the expert to speak.

I believe your questions is, "Do beneficiaries choose between the K3 and CR1 visas when they receive the P3?"

The answer is that if an applicant has both a documentarily qualified CR1 and a documentarily qualified K3, we combine the cases and it defaults to the CR1.

This way the applicant does not have to go through the trouble of adjusting status, etc. after arriving in the US. I can't think of any reason why one would prefer to stick with the K3 visa if the CR1 is ready, but if they did, they could then tell us at the interview and we could issue them a K3 instead of the CR1.

I can't think of any reason why one would prefer to stick with the K3 visa if the CR1 is ready, but if they did, they could then tell us at the interview and we could issue them a K3 instead of the CR1.

195558[/snapback]

In a word, children.

My step-daughter would have been here LAST June under a K-3 and not still waiting for an interview. ;)

195567[/snapback]

Thanks USCONGUZ,

The original question was cut short and here to provide you the true meaning of that question: Since when p3 of CR1 just being send to GZ station, still has 4-5 months to get an interview because of security check and other administative process. So combining K3 and CR1 means delay. All I want to ask is that can consulate send a letter for applicant to ask if she wants to pick up K3 first before automatically void the K3. she might be willing 5 months later come back to pick up CR1? You are right, no one wants to stick with K3.

If during K3 interview you could give her CR1 instead, then there is no question at all, everyone happy.

I can't think of any reason why one would prefer to stick with the K3 visa if the CR1 is ready, but if they did, they could then tell us at the interview and we could issue them a K3 instead of the CR1.

195558[/snapback]

In a word, children.

My step-daughter would have been here LAST June under a K-3 and not still waiting for an interview. :unsure:

195567[/snapback]

Thanks USCONGUZ,

The original question was cut short and here to provide you the true meaning of that question: Since when p3 of CR1 just being send to GZ station, still has 4-5 months to get an interview because of security check and other administative process. So combining K3 and CR1 means delay. All I want to ask is that can consulate send a letter for applicant to ask if she wants to pick up K3 first before automatically void the K3. she might be willing 5 months later come back to pick up CR1? You are right, no one wants to stick with K3.

If during K3 interview you could give her CR1 instead, then there is no question at all, everyone happy.

195576[/snapback]

If the K3 petition is ready for an interview, but the CR1 isn't, we will schedule an interview for the K3. We will not make anyone wait for the CR1 if it is not ready for an interview yet.

We only combine them if they are both ready at the same time of if the CR1 is ready first.