sending money to china

If i send my wife 500 or so bucks western union, even if she doesnt need it, will the VO will think it will prove a solid marriage. Is this true and will it increase the odds of a good interview if i do so? I am not trying to scam anything here, but if it looks good, I just may, I mean if anything it would help with the ticket to good ol usa, thanks guys.

Edited by hunter (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
If i send my wife 500 or so bucks western union, even if she doesnt need it, will the VO will think it will prove a solid marriage. Is this true and will it increase the odds of a good interview if i do so? I am not trying to scam anything here, but if it looks good, I just may, I mean if anything it would help with the ticket to good ol usa, thanks guys.

195506[/snapback]

My first thought is that if things go well, the VO will never know you sent the money because it won't come up in the interview. Second, since she is your wife, sending her money to help with a plane ticket or just raise her standard of living, can't hurt because it's somthing married people "do". So, if I were in your shoes (and I will be in a few months) I would simply arrange my financial matters as it suited our circumstances without regard to a VO's opinion.

I think of it this way. We are married. It's "our money". How we manage it is not of concern to a VO unless there's something that looks fraudulent in the relationship to begin with.

195506[/snapback]

:) Yes supporting your sweetie counts, however Western Union is expensive. show Her and the VO you really trust her and send her a debit card then she can with draw the cash from the bank when se needs it and its cheap about 1.00$ per transaction. Then she can save the recieptsfor her interview

195506[/snapback]

:) Yes supporting your sweetie counts, however Western Union is expensive. show Her and the VO you really trust her and send her a debit card then she can with draw the cash from the bank when se needs it and its cheap about 1.00$ per transaction. Then she can save the recieptsfor her interview

195519[/snapback]

you are correct

195506[/snapback]

195519[/snapback]

you are correct

195525[/snapback]

I really appreciate the feedback to my question.

I think that supporting your WIFE looks good, while sending money to or from a FIANCE may not. It may open a door for the VO that you don't want open, especially if you are stretching your finances to be making the trips.

Western Union is only $14 per transfer at an agent location, if your wife/fiance doesn't have access to a compatible ATM.

I think that supporting your WIFE looks good, while sending money to or from a FIANCE may not. It may open a door for the VO that you don't want open, especially if you are stretching your finances to be making the trips.

Western Union is only $14 per transfer at an agent location, if your wife/fiance doesn't have access to a compatible ATM.

195531[/snapback]

I am indeed very fortunate that my wife is very sucessful in China. She is a top accountant for a large real estate development company. She said someone from 001.com.cn suggested that I should send her some money. Really, she doesnt need it, I told my wife, that unless she absolutly needs me too send her something, I will but really, she doesnt need my help. I really need to save up my money sinse I will truily be supporting her when / if she is approved for her visa. She will need to certify as a CPA here in town so she can work. Thanks again folks.

In my opinion it is better left out of the evidence folder. I agree it is something married people do but a suspicious VO may see it as succesfull scamming of the US citizen and want more proof.

195506[/snapback]

195519[/snapback]

I am not quite sure how you came up with $1 per transaction? That is really cheap! Where do you bank?

I got charged $3.00 per transaction from using Washington Mutual and Bank of America through an international ATM where $3000RMB was the max I can draw at any given time. So overall, it'll end up costing about the same as Western Union at that rate.

Western Union is still cheaper than wire transfers for amounts less than 2,000 USD. If I remember correctly, the fee to send $2000 USD is $17USD. Not too bad, and the conversion to RMB is maximized.

I have heard from others to not mention anything regarding money if not asked. But I really, do not know what is wrong with helping your girl out if she can not fully support herself just yet.

My girl started her own nail care and makeup business with another girl, and it really breaks my heart to see how hard she works, and for so little pay from my point of view. Any help I can give her is better than doing nothing.

The way, I see it, it would be more costly to pay for medical expenses if she burns out and gets sick after working so hard everyday, than for me to just support her until she can do so herself one day. At least with the free time, she can do some advance preparation such as learning English before she gets here. I told my girl that she should use her time to learn some useful skill, so that she can always get employment in the US. This would be way more useful than working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day for $3000 to $4000 RMB a month in China at the moment. You can make that same amount within 1 week in the US with minimum wage + tips. So the time exchange does not add up. I figure, she has time now, and she has time later. If she had to exchange her time for money, it better not be done in China. It is just not worth it in my opinion. Instead, it would be more useful to brush up on your skills during that time instead.

Some people mentioned that sending money is seen as "negative", because the VO will suspect the girl is using you for money even when she is clearly not. In my opinion, eventhough if you know that neither of you have anything to hide, I'd play the safe route, and not mention the money part. Why make it more difficult for yourself when you don't have to?

But if you are already married to the girl, then showing a merged bank account may be useful evidence. Since during marriage, bank accounts do tend to mingle during your daily life together.

195506[/snapback]

:P Yes supporting your sweetie counts, however Western Union is expensive. show Her and the VO you really trust her and send her a debit card then she can with draw the cash from the bank when se needs it and its cheap about 1.00$ per transaction. Then she can save the recieptsfor her interview

195519[/snapback]

I am not quite sure how you came up with $1 per transaction? That is really cheap! Where do you bank?

I got charged $3.00 per transaction from using Washington Mutual and Bank of America through an international ATM where $3000RMB was the max I can draw at any given time. So overall, it'll end up costing about the same as Western Union at that rate.

Western Union is still cheaper than wire transfers for amounts less than 2,000 USD. If I remember correctly, the fee to send $2000 USD is $17USD. Not too bad, and the conversion to RMB is maximized.

I have heard from others to not mention anything regarding money if not asked. But I really, do not know what is wrong with helping your girl out if she can not fully support herself just yet.

My girl started her own nail care and makeup business with another girl, and it really breaks my heart to see how hard she works, and for so little pay from my point of view. Any help I can give her is better than doing nothing.

The way, I see it, it would be more costly to pay for medical expenses if she burns out and gets sick after working so hard everyday, than for me to just support her until she can do so herself one day. At least with the free time, she can do some advance preparation such as learning English before she gets here. I told my girl that she should use her time to learn some useful skill, so that she can always get employment in the US. This would be way more useful than working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day for $3000 to $4000 RMB a month in China at the moment. You can make that same amount within 1 week in the US with minimum wage + tips. So the time exchange does not add up. I figure, she has time now, and she has time later. If she had to exchange her time for money, it better not be done in China. It is just not worth it in my opinion. Instead, it would be more useful to brush up on your skills during that time instead.

Some people mentioned that sending money is seen as "negative", because the VO will suspect the girl is using you for money even when she is clearly not. In my opinion, eventhough if you know that neither of you have anything to hide, I'd play the safe route, and not mention the money part. Why make it more difficult for yourself when you don't have to?

But if you are already married to the girl, then showing a merged bank account may be useful evidence. Since during marriage, bank accounts do tend to mingle during your daily life together.

195595[/snapback]

Hey TheDon, I like what you said, and though I have confidence she will have no problem, it is good to hear the "wise Don" suggest it also. =)

195506[/snapback]

:P Yes supporting your sweetie counts, however Western Union is expensive. show Her and the VO you really trust her and send her a debit card then she can with draw the cash from the bank when se needs it and its cheap about 1.00$ per transaction. Then she can save the recieptsfor her interview

195519[/snapback]

195595[/snapback]

Hey TheDon, I like what you said, and though I have confidence she will have no problem, it is good to hear the "wise Don" suggest it also. =)

195687[/snapback]

I send my wife money every monthand I use Western Union. You can do it online using your debit card and it is not too expensive. It costs about $20 for a few hundred bucks. I also like to let her buy her own presents for birthdays and such as things are so much cheaper than here. "She can get more bang for the buck" and express mail is expensive.