David, 1st of all I would cover my ass with a disclaimer if I were you. Make it clear that the "kitchen sink" is merly a recommended list of items you might be asked for. Some people get the blue slip even if they bring the sink and a toilet with them. others just smile at the VO and they got the visa. "Any given Sunday" or should I say in this case, "Any given day, other than Sunday", anything can happen. Or like Forest Gump said "IT HAPPENS".

I would rate your list of items. What items in your (our) opinion carry the most wheight? what are people most likely going to need on a scale from 1 to 10. My kitchen sink set me back $178 bucks. A real kitchen sink would have been cheaper to ship to my wife. The door is open to anything, like the little chuw wa wa dogs, birthday hats and a flameing hula hoop. (still not on your list yet.)

In the end fortunately, my wife was only asked for some photos.

GZ already tells everyone what they want you to bring.

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

Forms in the appointment packet

Chinese passport

Two visa photos

Notarial birth certificate

Notarial marital status certificate.  If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required.  If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen.  Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

Medical report

Affidavit of Support - I-864 and copies of the three most recent years' tax returns if not already submitted to NVC.

Relationship evidence including family photos, correspondence and household registration to prove the claimed relationship. 

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/gzfaqs.html

I highlighted the ones I think are most important.

195182[/snapback]

Mengxin, what is meant by "Household Registration," AND how far in advance can these documents be notorized? In other words, if I anticipated my SO's interview, say, sometime next Fall, can some of those documents be notorized now? Why can't these requirements be prepared ahead of time? Thanks - Ron

Mengxin, what is meant by "Household Registration," AND how far in advance can these documents be notorized?  In other words, if I anticipated my SO's interview, say, sometime next Fall, can some of those documents be notorized now?  Why can't these requirements be prepared ahead of time? Thanks - Ron

195746[/snapback]

Household registration is called 'Hukou' in China. Basically, it is issued by the local PSB and lists all the people in the household. If you mention 'Hukou' to you SO, she will know what it is.

Direct from the U.S. Consulate:

Notarial birth certificates, marriage certificates and divorce certificates have unlimited validity. Medical reports, notarial single certificates and police certificates are good for one year from the date of issuance.