anyone have this problem ?

Well I am not sure what to think about this. My wife sent p-3 to guz in dec by ems, at the time I was real happy I thought everything was going good. And after a few weeks I call to check on it and they say it never arrived there. Shan did tracking on it and we sent that to them with the name of the person signing for it. THey say give it a few days if we do not find it we will send it to her agian. So after all of feb and not being able to find out anything from there no help pay line and calls to dos . I am starting to be at a loss on what to do. Any thoughts would be great.

patrick

Well I am not sure what to think about this. My wife sent p-3 to guz in dec by ems, at the time I was real happy I thought everything was going good. And after a few weeks I call to check on it and they say it never arrived there. Shan did tracking on it and we sent that to them with the name of the person signing for it. THey say give it a few days if we do not find it we will send it to her agian. So after all of feb and not being able to find out anything from there no help pay line and calls to dos . I am starting to be at a loss on what to do. Any thoughts would be great.

patrick

193854[/snapback]

So,you're saying someone signed for it at the embassy?

"it takes time to sort and processed each letter" was what they told me, after I confronted them with the tracking information.

Be patient - it's all you can do.

193862[/snapback]

Ditto patient..Guangzhou processes many types if visas (immagrant AND nonimmagrant).My understanding is they will process only (X)type visas during a period of time(I think a week),and then process (Y) type visas the following time cycle,and so forth.You're talking 2 months here.I think 1 month should at least be expected.So it's quite possible,your's arrived (early)during an "off cycle"from your type visa,thus it could be in a stack waiting for the processing cycle time of your type visa to commence again,giving another soso month delay.There's also a thread addressing this matter I ran accross a while back,explaining these cycles.Maybe someone will chine in.

Hopefully she made copies of everything, send it again with a note that this is the second time sent. Perhaps a copy of the receipt they signed attached to the note.

If she doesn't have copies, get the DS-230 started again. I have copies of the checklists and all here at the house if you need new ones and could meet you tomorrow with them to send to her.