EAD Received today

We received the card in the mail today and will be calling the number concerning mistakes on Monday.

The work authorization is valid beginning 1/24/06, which is before we received the notice for Biometrics which they scheduled for 2/13/06 and the date of the mailer for the card is 2/17.06 and we received it on 2/24/06.

I could accept the beginning date on the card as 2/13/06 or even better 2/17/06 when they generated the paperwork, but to STEAL almost 1 month from the validity of the work card is just plain FRAUD.

There is absolutely NO way my wife could have been given Employment Authorization prior to the REQUIRED Biometrics appointment as they could not have provide her a card legally without it.

While I believe we will receive our green card in a timely manner before this card expires, I believe they should either refund the fee for 1/12th of a year or reissue the card with the correct date on it when it was legal for them to issue the thing or perhaps give her unemployment benefits for 1 month. :D

I seriously doubt anything will come of my moaning and groaning to USCIS, but perhaps this will work well with my Representative who seems to be hitting Immigration issues pretty hard.

Perhaps it is a coincidence that the EAD and AP start dates are the same, but I doubt it.

Get 'em Lee. You don't have to take that from them.   Tell 'em you pay by God taxes and they have no idea who they are messin' with. Then hire a lawyer and take it all the way to the supreme court no matter what the cost. It's the principle and you are a man of principle!!!!!!

193611[/snapback]

You got it, and I'm going to name you as a witness so you can appear and help to charm the bastages. :D

But the wise man in me made sure to point this out to my wife so she would know up front, it's better than her discovering it and telling me how badly I allowed her to be cheated out of a month, so I too don't have to hear

H U S B A N Dhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Get 'em Lee. You don't have to take that from them.   Tell 'em you pay by God taxes and they have no idea who they are messin' with. Then hire a lawyer and take it all the way to the supreme court no matter what the cost. It's the principle and you are a man of principle!!!!!!

193611[/snapback]

You got it, and I'm going to name you as a witness so you can appear and help to charm the bastages. :D

But the wise man in me made sure to point this out to my wife so she would know up front, it's better than her discovering it and telling me how badly I allowed her to be cheated out of a month, so I too don't have to hear

H U S B A N Dhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

193614[/snapback]

Amateurs!!! Did you even think about a way to make it look like her fault rookie???

geez  some people complain about anything!!!!

Did they spell her name right?

Did they send it to the right address?

Is the picture on it really her?

You should be happy for the 11 months you got!!! :(  :clapping:

Remember: Our govt = HUTAS = SNAFU :redblob:

194190[/snapback]

Yeah, after discovering their fix we will do just that.

The fix is to complete a new application, send the card, new application, old application, and an explanation of why we feel the date is wrong and we should hear something within 90 days.

Oh, they said to photocopy the card and use that when she looks for a job.

Where's our F#@$ing green card!!! :clapping:

I seriously doubt anything will come of my moaning and groaning to USCIS, but perhaps this will work well with my Representative who seems to be hitting Immigration issues pretty hard.

193599[/snapback]

Lee, it is (currently) our right to moan and groan about the government, so have at it now before something changes. :P

Let's hope the GCs arrive before the EADs expire.

Now to add insult to injury I just received an email from USCIS that tells me EAD was approved on 2/23/05. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

I guess this means we had EAD processed in 60 days, but only valid for 11 months. :bangin:

193609[/snapback]

I think they took away that month on her EAD because you failed to report your wife's foreign income on your income taxes. :offtopic:

Now to add insult to injury I just received an email from USCIS that tells me EAD was approved on 2/23/05. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

I guess this means we had EAD processed in 60 days, but only valid for 11 months. :huh:

193609[/snapback]

I think they took away that month on her EAD because you failed to report your wife's foreign income on your income taxes. :)

194756[/snapback]

What income? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

Well at least your letter was better than ours. Just got it in the mail. EAD is denied for failing to file the application before expiration of the 90 day from entry period. No appeal allowed. Should your situation change you may refile.  :cheering:  :cheering:  :cheering:

194859[/snapback]

Tell me you didn't file (A)(6) category....... :cheering: