New Consulate Website

frank1538

One area that appears to be new concerns contacting GZ http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/contactiv.html

<too long to post, but interesting reading>

A link concerning Aging Out Child Status Protection Act of 2000

I find this FAQ rather interesting Why are the visa interviews so short? I was refused after only a couple of questions and the interviewer hardly looked at my documents.

Visa officers handle thousands of applications every year. Based on this experience, they are able to quickly review the application form and supporting documents in order to narrow the range in which questions may need to be asked. Keep in mind, much of the necessary information required to make a decision is already supplied on the application form itself, so there is usually no need for the officer to ask more than a few additional questions.

Does this say predetermined visa interviews are common?

How do I invite my parents to visit me in the U.S.?

Guest ShaQuaNew
One area that appears to be new concerns contacting GZ http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/contactiv.html

<too long to post, but interesting reading>

A link concerning Aging Out Child Status Protection Act of 2000

I find this FAQ rather interesting Why are the visa interviews so short? I was refused after only a couple of questions and the interviewer hardly looked at my documents.

Visa officers handle thousands of applications every year. Based on this experience, they are able to quickly review the application form and supporting documents in order to narrow the range in which questions may need to be asked. Keep in mind, much of the necessary information required to make a decision is already supplied on the application form itself, so there is usually no need for the officer to ask more than a few additional questions.

Does this say predetermined visa interviews are common?

How do I invite my parents to visit me in the U.S.?

193537[/snapback]

It really looks like they are making effort to better communicate. Looks good.... :)

thanks for posting this Frank..

I've been updating the pinned topic on GUZ contact info...

appears they are changing this often as I find newer links today.

But I would say that not much looks new except the 'look and feel'... the Contacting GUZ info was already on the old site (and in the pinned topic).

In many cases, they moved some stuff from the text of a page to the left side to be an 'expandable' bullet point to select... This gives it a more modern feel of a "FRAME" web page... but it's not really a frame.

A little trivia: Government agencies are bound by what is called "508 compliance" and this governs how gov't software and webpages are accessed.. some depts even prohibit the use of 'frame' development..