visa and company secrets

Guest ShaQuaNew
I thought they did a name check when you file the I129F for K1 ?

192594[/snapback]

There are what most agree to be two (2) checks that relate to security. The first, before a petition is approved, which is overseen by the USCIS and submitted to the FBI. There the FBI conducts a background / security check on both the petioner and beneficiary. If the beneficiary has NOT had previous dealings with US immigration, they will likely not be an issue. If the petitioner gets a hit from the IBIS check, which could be related to any contact with US law enforcement or immigration, the petition will likely be delayed and further scrutinized.

Later, after the petition is approved, it is released by the USCIS and submitted to the National Visa Center (NVC), under authority of the US Department of State (DOS). Most agree that it's at this point that the background of the beneficiary is checked. If clear, it moves quickly here. Previous negative dealings with US immigration or adverse information comes into play at this time...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly understand your concerns and feel that Frank and others have provided the best advice. I will only reiterate that honesty is the best policy.

Give that she has talked about leaving her job and the PRC, I would expect that her managers will remove her access and participation in any activity per the PRC's own security precautions.

Best of Luck to both of you.

1. are you sure your SO is not a party member?

2. if her job is related to chemistry, biology, weapon, etc. probably it will be a problem for her to get a visa.

so, it is better to think about all the possibility and be careful when you fill out the forms.

192623[/snapback]

can you give me details as to THE party? She is not of any party but I am interested, what is THE party in china? communism?

I certainly understand your concerns and feel that Frank and others have provided the best advice.  I will only reiterate that honesty is the best policy.

Give that she has talked about leaving her job and the PRC, I would expect that her managers will remove her access and participation in any activity per the PRC's own security precautions.

Best of Luck to both of you.

192634[/snapback]

well that's kinda the point, we are not telling her supervisor until she goes to the interview. We do not want her to leave her job until the last minute for diverse reasons.

Never, ever lie on any form or during any interview in this process. If you do, you will probably get away with it but there is no guarentee. If caught, there is hell to be paid up to and including deportation and a permanent ban from ever entering the US again. If she is a citizen when the lie is found out, her citizenship can be revoked before she is deported. Again, the odds of being found out are likely very small, but they are there.

Since your SO is in one of the sensitive jobs, she will have a Mantis clearance run somewhere in the many checks that are done. My guess is GUZ would run it after getting P-3 docs returned to them. That would likely add a week or month to sending out P-4. In the grand scheme of things, it's a small price compared to the uncertainty stated above.

192655[/snapback]

ok so then there would need for that "Mantis clearance run".

How do they determine this based on a simple name and address on the form? I mean if the name of the company is "propultion jet technology" ok it's obvious but if it is "PJT" then it is definetely not obvious.

Guest ShaQuaNew
1. are you sure your SO is not a party member?

2. if her job is related to chemistry, biology, weapon, etc. probably it will be a problem for her to get a visa.

so, it is better to think about all the possibility and be careful when you fill out the forms.

192623[/snapback]

can you give me details as to THE party? She is not of any party but I am interested, what is THE party in china? communism?

192675[/snapback]

Yes, the communist party. Some members of this site have had discussions on that topic...

see...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...communist+party

Never, ever lie on any form or during any interview in this process. If you do, you will probably get away with it but there is no guarentee. If caught, there is hell to be paid up to and including deportation and a permanent ban from ever entering the US again. If she is a citizen when the lie is found out, her citizenship can be revoked before she is deported. Again, the odds of being found out are likely very small, but they are there.

Since your SO is in one of the sensitive jobs, she will have a Mantis clearance run somewhere in the many checks that are done. My guess is GUZ would run it after getting P-3 docs returned to them. That would likely add a week or month to sending out P-4. In the grand scheme of things, it's a small price compared to the uncertainty stated above.

192655[/snapback]

ok so then there would need for that "Mantis clearance run".

How do they determine this based on a simple name and address on the form? I mean if the name of the company is "propultion jet technology" ok it's obvious but if it is "PJT" then it is definetely not obvious.

192678[/snapback]

This has been the one issue swirling in my head since the start of your thread: What exactly is going to 'tip them off' to anything about her work.

Is the company name a known supplier of services/products that raise a flag?

If you 'google' the company name on a chinese (or western) search engine, what do you get?

Even if they are not flagged to something, will the standard run-of-the-mill checks turn up something?

Do the checks link her back to the company or position?

(I'm not asking you to answer these, just thoughts)

---

I know for my SOs employment, we attempted an english translation and put that down.. there's no way anyone could figure out what company that was since to translate it back to China is almost meaningless....

This was not meant to attempt any misleading information, we simply put down her company name as best we could translate...

Figure out what is the 'best way' in your case: In chinese pinyin and/or english translated...

Guest ShaQuaNew
I know for my SOs employment, we attempted an english translation and put that down.. there's no way anyone could figure out what company that was since to translate it back to China is almost meaningless....

This was not meant to attempt any misleading information, we simply put down her company name as best we could translate...

192732[/snapback]

David, perhaps you can explain how one can knowingly write something that will be difficult to track or intrepret was not an intentional action? If it's unclear, or difficult to translate, adding additional information is appropriate. Unless of course, you are trying to mislead....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

192732[/snapback]

David, perhaps you can explain how one can knowingly write something that will be difficult to track or intrepret was not an intentional action? If it's unclear, or difficult to translate, adding additional information is appropriate. Unless of course, you are trying to mislead....

192733[/snapback]

I gave an example of our G-325a...

I know it was a difficult translation.. but was not meant to mislead anyone.. nor was it a lie... it was what they asked for, Her Work name in English...

We considered to put it in chinese pinyin (which we did for her street names since there would not be a meaningful translation)... they did not ask for anything more.

---

I'm questioning whether it's her job or her name itself which will raise the flag; If the latter, than it really doesn't matter what is put in the company name (meaning this is not flagging them).

192732[/snapback]

192733[/snapback]

I gave an example of our G-325a...

I know it was a difficult translation.. but was not meant to mislead anyone.. nor was it a lie... it was what they asked for, Her Work name in English...

We considered to put it in chinese pinyin (which we did for her street names since there would not be a meaningful translation)... they did not ask for anything more.

---

I'm questioning whether it's her job or her name itself which will raise the flag; If the latter, than it really doesn't matter what is put in the company name (meaning this is not flagging them).

192745[/snapback]

yes I understand all this.

We do not want to lie nor to mislead. but we prefer not to raise any flags.