Fujian Province Fraud

Yesterday I sat with 4 other americans on the fourth floor of the consulate while our wifes were upstairs getting thier interview's.

Unfortunately none were CFL members. One guy from California started his visa process 2.5 years ago. This was his 4th trip to the consulate. I believe one of the problems was is that she was from Fujian Province which is known for a lot of fraud. He first started with a fiancee K1 that was rejected, then got married and filed a K3 and finally he was at the consulate with a CR1 filing. One of the previous questions they asked him was why did he retain a lawyer from New York while he lived in California. The good news is that his wife also got her visa yesterday.

Thanks,

Good to know that that question came up. I also, am from California and retained a New York attorney. All he does is Chinese Immigration and his fee was only $600 to look over all of my documents. He did find a couple of glitches that I fixed before it went in. He also fielded a last minute question when I found out that my SO's Father had actually passed away 10 years ago and that I was meeting her stepfather. This does make a difference on the application. I feel that he was worth his fee

Thanks,

Phil

Guest ShaQuaNew
My husband is from Fujian and this was never an issue. He said many others from Fujian (who were the majority of applicants!) also got their visa that day. I'm sure in his wife's case, while fujianers can definitely be fraudsters and the US govt knows that, there was more to the case than that.

189909[/snapback]

This is what I would expect. I don't believe the US consulate is singling out any Chinese province for across the board rejection. Most often a visa applicant is denied for other specific reasons. One would have to look at each case to determine. What's most interesting, is that those that are active on this site are rarely denied at the interview; and those few that have been have overcome later. I think, but am not certain that Candle is at a 100% approval

Guest pushbrk
My husband is from Fujian and this was never an issue. He said many others from Fujian (who were the majority of applicants!) also got their visa that day. I'm sure in his wife's case, while fujianers can definitely be fraudsters and the US govt knows that, there was more to the case than that.

189909[/snapback]

This is what I would expect. I don't believe the US consulate is singling out any Chinese province for across the board rejection. Most often a visa applicant is denied for other specific reasons. One would have to look at each case to determine. What's most interesting, is that those that are active on this site are rarely denied at the interview; and those few that have been have overcome later. I think, but am not certain that Candle is at a 100% approval

189917[/snapback]

Mr. Dennis is still pending as far as we know.

Guest pushbrk
The USC who complained about King.

189924[/snapback]

My question was intended to ilicit a more specific response in that if you are referring to a Candle member, what is that candle member's username?

189925[/snapback]

JamesBDennis

Guest ShaQuaNew

189924[/snapback]

My question was intended to ilicit a more specific response in that if you are referring to a Candle member, what is that candle member's username?

189925[/snapback]

JamesBDennis

189930[/snapback]

James signed up here very late in the process, and was not actively involved until the end. That's why in my post I stated...

"What's most interesting, is that those that are active on this site are rarely denied at the interview; and those few that have been have overcome later."

Guest pushbrk

189924[/snapback]

189925[/snapback]

JamesBDennis

189930[/snapback]

James signed up here very late in the process, and was not actively involved until the end. That's why in my post I stated...

"What's most interesting, is that those that are active on this site are rarely denied at the interview; and those few that have been have overcome later."

189933[/snapback]

I agree with you. Your statement goes along with what I said in the general preparedness thread.

That said, I think there have been others who for one reason or another have not come back to report the final outcome but they are rare.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

189909[/snapback]

Lusheng is from Fujian Province as well and had no problems getting her Visa :D

Guest ShaQuaNew
I agree with you.  Your statement goes along with what I said in the general preparedness thread.

That said, I think there have been others who for one reason or another have not come back to report the final outcome but they are rare.

189937[/snapback]

Yeah, this is a very touchy issue. I for one fail to understand why anyone would consider a marriage based visa, file a petition, and take a willy-nilly attitude toward it. It's serious business.....