adoption

warpedbored

If the child is a Chinese national living in China, then the adoption must take place under Chinese law. This means the petitioner must adopt the child in China and will have to consult with the Chinese authorities as to whether or not he/she can adopt the child.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

To be more specific if the USC were to adopt the child of a beneficiary, how would it affect the visa process of the child and mother?

189511[/snapback]

Without knowing any details, I cannot say for sure. More than likely though, the adoption of the child will not have any effect on the K1/K2 visa.

One thing to keep in mind is that if the member wishes to petition for the child as his/her own child as a CR2, then the petitioner will have to prove that they have lived together for at least 2 years in a parent/child relationship.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

How does the CR2 requirement differ from the people who travel to China and legally adopt children under Chinese Law who have not lived with the child for 2 years? My understanding is the child is issued a US passport by the consulate during a process in China where the adoption takes place.

189671[/snapback]

If the child is an orphan there is no 2 year requirement. Sounds like this child is not an orphan.

• 4 weeks later...
How does the CR2 requirement differ from the people who travel to China and legally adopt children under Chinese Law who have not lived with the child for 2 years? My understanding is the child is issued a US passport by the consulate during a process in China where the adoption takes place.

189671[/snapback]

If the child is an orphan there is no 2 year requirement. Sounds like this child is not an orphan.

189747[/snapback]

Hello Guz

I have a question, if a child has lived with the beneficiary for more then 6 years and and this can be documented and proven, and the child is now legally adopted but less then 2 years, can this child be included in the I129F petition?

Carl