A Bit Confused....

Hello,

I guess I am just a bit confused...

Could somebody tell me about the AOS applications? Are they all completed FOR MY IMMIGRATING WIFE..... Or are any of them asking for MY INFORMATION??? The "Bio" form has me most confused - is it for her or for me?

I guess it would be simpler if you listed the form number (name) and WHO this form is asking for? ............ Yes?

Thanks,

Scott

Here's from the FAQ... you'll see I mark either 'chinese national or USC':

A.

Some general instructions:

1. Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the nature of the submission.

2. Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the form type.

3. Provide both the receipt notice number and the A-Number as an identifier, if they are available.

4. Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

5. Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

6. The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

7. Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

8. Place the check on top of the application, securely fastened in the upper left corner. If more than one application is filed, submit a separate check for each. This will avoid the necessity of returning ALL applications should just one be found to be unacceptable. Place all the checks on the top application.

9. Make check Payable to: "Department of Homeland Security"

10. Attach passport photos to the relevant application, but do not staple since damage might occur to the picture.

A.

Sample package:

1. I-485 Fee and Fingerprint/biometric Fee (attached to top of application)

2. Cover Letter (see below link for examples)

3. Completed I-485 and signed by Chinese national (see instruction sheet)

4. Two (2) passport photographs attached to I-485 (Chinese national)

5. Completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, signed by USC and notarized. (see instruction sheet)

6. Copies of three years of tax returns (or tax transcripts) and W2s for I-864 (USC)

7. Copies of Recent Pay stubs or employment letter (USC)

8. Form G-325A signed by Chinese National.

9. Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation (Chinese national)

10. Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (Chinese national)

11. Certified copy of marriage certificate

12. Copy of Petition approval notice, I-797.

13. Copy of I-94, both sides (Chinese national)

14. Vaccination supplement I-693 in a sealed envelope, completed by Civil Surgeon

A.

Fees:

Please assemble all fee payments on the top of each and every case, whether or not the case is filed with one fee payment or multiple fee payments. When multiple applications are simultaneously filed (such as an I-485, I-765, I-131, and I-824) place all checks together on the top left of the I-485.

The Service Center will accept money orders, personal checks, and cashiers checks for payment of fees. The Service Center cannot deposit cash or travelers checks. Be sure checks are signed and correctly dated. Post-dated checks are acceptable as long as the date on the check is no more than 5 days in advance of the date the check is received.

$325 plus $70 biometrics services fee if you are 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years of age, the fee is $225 with no biometric services fee. If you are 79 years of age or older, the fee is $325 with no biometrics services fee.

A.

Receipt:

After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

A.

If your receipt says to make an appointment for biometrics, do it right away.

P.S. Our case didn't show up on the USCIS website until after the biometrics were done - almost 2 months after the receipt notice!