Afterthoughts...from the interview...

Guest pushbrk
Ken & Jie,

Small correction to Carl's comment about getting added to your bank account.  I recently did this by providing my wife's Chinese Driver's License and Passport, notarized by the Counsulate in Shanghai.  I sent the signature cards to her, and when I submitted to the Bank, they accepted because the identification was verified as required by law. Now that she is here, you can do same at the Bank in person I am pretty sure.

Further, I added my wife and her daughter to my health insurance only need to show a certified copy of our marriage certificate and my step-daughters birth certificate.

I am really happy for you guys...

189202[/snapback]

We had a related discussion about this issue on K visa folks returning to GUZ for the CR-1 re-interview VS. AOS. It is apparent that things VARY GREATLY by state and/or individual organizations!

Here in NV- Bank of America and my Gov. retired health plan would NOT add her to either without an SSN#. SEVERAL ATTEMPTS on both even with an ITIN# did NOT work. Stupid health plan uses SSN# and two more digits as plan members ID- which does PI$$ me off!

Likewise, I found NV requires LPR status to qualify for in state college tuition. Mike (Pushbrk), reports WA this is not so.

189225[/snapback]

Not quite. My wife would need LPR and a minimun residence requirement for in State tuition. My step-daughter derives her residence from mine. I just moved here from Texas but will have been here a year by the time any of this matters. My wife is not intending to enroll in college.

1) DISPEL the MYTH:

I think the best posture for all of us is to take a positive and respectful approach to all of those at the consulate regardless the color of their skin.....

:ph34r:

188995[/snapback]

And I think the best posture for the visa officers is to take a positive and respectiful and less-ruder approach to all of the applicants going all the way from all over the mainland China to be conducted interivews at the consulate all over the world regardless of the color of their skin...(Chinese might be notorious on making false marriages to enter the US or some other developed countires,but not all the Chinese applicants are doing that. )

Thanks everyone for your positive replies and support. Thanks also for the technical details regarding SS#'s, health ins, etc as these are things not considered in the choosing of the date, I have some research to do on this and perhaps we may reconsider the date.

As for us, we picked up her visa this morning at China post. Today, we fly back to Shanghai to 'close up China' as I have said to Jie, just a few loose ends, good byes, and then Sunday, we can truly "Fly United" from PVG-SFO-DEN.

Talk to you all soon ! Jie says Ni hao !