Got the Green Card

After a very painful bout with the good folks in GUZ and overcoming TPC, Shuping finally got to the US in March of 2005. I filed for her AOS at the end of April. She got the EAD card in October. We had the AOS interview in Memphis on 1/26/06. It was very easy and the IO was very nice. We were in and out in about 15 minutes. Last Saturday got the welcome letter and yesterday she got the green card. WHAT A RELIEF! Finally, finished with this mess for 10 years. :)

Just to update...everything is going well. We bought a new house last spring. Her English is very good now. She is getting ready to take her drivers license test soon and she wants to open her own business. We are also going to buy a house in China sometime in the future as we plan to retire there in another 10 years or so.

As each day goes by, I realize more and more how lucky I am. This woman is the best thing that ever happened to me! (except maybe for the occasional mop slap :D ) I want to express my thanks to everyone at Candle for their support through the process. This site is a wealth of information. There are many great people here and I wish all of you success. For those still waiting to be united with their SO, don't give up. It is worth every minute of the wait!

Chuck

After a very painful bout with the good folks in GUZ and overcoming TPC, Shuping finally got to the US in March of 2005. I filed for her AOS at the end of April. She got the EAD card in October. We had the AOS interview in Memphis on 1/26/06. It was very easy and the IO was very nice. We were in and out in about 15 minutes. Last Saturday got the welcome letter and yesterday she got the green card. WHAT A RELIEF! Finally, finished with this mess for 10 years.  :D

Just to update...everything is going well. We bought a new house last spring. Her English is very good now. She is getting ready to take her drivers license test soon and she wants to open her own business. We are also going to buy a house in China sometime in the future as we plan to retire there in another 10 years or so.

As each day goes by, I realize more and more how lucky I am. This woman is the best thing that ever happened to me! (except maybe for the occasional mop slap  ;) ) I want to express my thanks to everyone at Candle for their support through the process. This site is a wealth of information. There are many great people here and I wish all of you success. For those still waiting to be united with their SO, don't give up. It is worth every minute of the wait!

Chuck

188702[/snapback]

Chuck:

I believe you received the temporary green card and will have to re apply shortly before the 2 year anniversary of the interview.

My wife received her green card approval on 2-3-06.

Good luck!

Ken :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't clarify. We got the 10 year card. We were K-3 and her AOS interview was after our 2 year wedding anniversary.

188706[/snapback]

I see the confusion. Your time line states you married in Dec 04 which would make your 2 year anniversary next Dec. Congratulations on the final hurdle.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)