Thanks to CFL

It has been a SUPER busy past few months for me and my wife. On top of having very limited internet access until recently, my wife finishing her studies, the two of us going on an extended month-long honeymoon, having to take a sudden trip to Taiwan for family reasons, and finally making it back to the US, we've had to deal with a multitude of errands (including looking for new work in a new city).

But throughout all this, I kept reminding myself that I owe a LOT of my current happiness to the CFL community.

I am certain that without CFL and without Visajourney, we would have waited until after my wife finished her studies and returned to China (which, after he thesis, would have been summer 2006) before even beginning the visa process. It would probably have been almost 2008 by the time she could make it to the United States. During that time, it would have been a huge struggle with a long distance relationship, or me having to find work in China.

Instead, with the help of people here (helping me learn and deal with specific issues related to Chinese) and the people on Visajourney (helping me deal with specific Australia DCF issues), I successfully completed the entire process, achieving a CR1 visa in only a month and a half. Several months later, we arrived successfully through Los Angeles, and only 2.5 weeks later (just today), we received her permanent residence green card.

I just wanted to express my wife and I's gratefulness. We are so happy to be living here, together. Everyday we remind ourselves how fortunate we should feel. I feel like being a part of this community going through the visa process has helped us both grow as individuals, and as a couple.

For those that are still waiting, keep your chin up, and for those that were successful, big big congratulations! If anyone ever has a question on applying DCF in a third country, and the complications that might arise (and there definitely were a few!), please feel free to PM me. I'll certainly still be hanging around the forum. ;) Thanks again to everyone on CFL!