I love those people at the..

Well the good news is she is here, we are married and very happy.

I thought when the 6 month estimate turned to 14 months before she was able to come to the U.S. that was bad. Most of you know the types of delays and misinformation doled out.

Well my step daughter was 17 upon her K-2 arrival she could not get a S.S. # like my wife did. No SS# no DL#. Now we are trying to get her a Work card while waiting for her green card (which my wife got 6 months ago from an interview on the same day).

Three times we sent the application in and three times it was returned with a form that the reason was... "missing NOA for the daughter". Well because she is a K-2 she got no NOA only the mother did. Three times I tried to contact them, I sent them other forms, copies of everything on everybody. Just kept getting the same notice, no explanation just one missing item checked.... XX Missing NOA XX.

After maybe 20 calls I was able to talk to someone who might of cared. Unlike the others she actually connected me to a immigration officer. Inconceivable! A real immigration officer!

After all these months I find out that apparently the address on the website was wrong for a few weeks. I kept mailing the forms to that "wrong" address. They never said anything except... I was missing a NOA. So finally I mailed it to the correct address (the Chicago one) and it came back today with the same check I have been mailing out for months, reason, the amount is wrong. It is now $180 not $175 like I sent. I am not sure if the price went up or if the amount of my check has been wrong for 4 months, that they have seen this check.

Just a funny story, funny as in @#&%.

Louis

The good part is you didn't give up, you kept being the squeeky wheel. I'm reminded of the saying 'you don't know what you don't know.' If you read their web site or what you think is the latest form, how can you know it's been changed?

I guess the answer is on the USCIS web site somewhere. Your post reminded of that so I looked for it:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

This link about updated forms is near the bottom of the page from the previous link:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/newforms.htm

and, guess what? It takes you right back to first link and tells you what revision and fees are current.

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)

Hey, thanks ofr all the responses. Their poor performance just continues to amaze me every step of this journey. They must waste $50,000 for every $10 spent well. I imagine the rest of the government is no different.

By the way I fixed my picture link. Did the old album site get deleted? I must have missed that.

Nice hearing from you guys.

Louis