Adobe Reader

Guest pushbrk
Adobe Reader will not let me paste Chinese characters to the fillable I-129 form.  Any ideas on how to do it?

187065[/snapback]

You can't do it with Adobe reader. The only Chinese characters required on the forms can be put on an attached sheet. Just refer to the sheet in English and on the sheet, refer to the section of the form (by number). You've already been given the "label" suggestion for things like names that are too long.

Adobe Reader will not let me paste Chinese characters to the fillable I-129 form.  Any ideas on how to do it?

187065[/snapback]

You can't do it with Adobe reader. The only Chinese characters required on the forms can be put on an attached sheet. Just refer to the sheet in English and on the sheet, refer to the section of the form (by number). You've already been given the "label" suggestion for things like names that are too long.

187068[/snapback]

Thats how I did it. Legibility makes USCIS and NVC happy :)

I tried it myself and after downloading the asian fonts I could type in pinyin but not cut and paste Chinese Characters. Perhaps if your sweet heart wrote it out for you in pinyin you could but the easiest and probably the bestest way would be to cut and paste it on a word document and put in "see continuation" on line 16. On the word document put "continuation for line 16" then the info.

187065[/snapback]

I got Chinese Simplified downloaded, but when I paste characters on the form, only the top part of the characters show. Most of it is hidden. I was not able to change the font size.

Ok Lee when I posted the characters changed. Can you explain that?

187074[/snapback]

Yep, your page encoding didn't think it was a Chinese page. Change it manually and it looks fine to me. :)

187137[/snapback]

How do you change it, Lee?

OK.

I just downloaded on my home machine,v.7.

I'll have my wife check it out when she gets home

as everything on her side of the machine is in Chinese.

187167[/snapback]

I think I'm going to end up doing what Mike and Sherry suggested by typing the information on a separate sheet and refer to the Item No. I have tried the other suggestions and got my computer using Simplified Chinese, then I had trouble getting it back to English. I was still not able to paste anything on that PDF form. I also tried translating my SO's name and address by using Babelfish. It came out "weird!" :phone1: