First Steps

I met my future wife on line almost two years ago. I have just returned from China where we met in person and fell in love. Leaving her at the airport was almost unbearable. Now we are starting all the paperwork. Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.

Welcome to the CFL family Just keep in mind that you're at the beginning of a road that's about 6 months to a year long on which you will encounter many speed bumps. The final destination, however, the "magic visa", will make the whole trip worth while.

Best of luck on your journey.

Welcome to the CFL family  Just keep in mind that you're at the beginning of a road that's about 6 months to a year long on which you will encounter many speed bumps.  The final destination, however, the "magic visa", will make the whole trip worth while.

Best of luck on your journey.

186326[/snapback]

Thanks for your encouragement. I really need it now.

Welcome,

Read all the topics here and at VisaJourney.com. If your fiancee has a computer at home, do what you can to get Acrobat 7 so you and she can fill the forms out together and email them to each other. PDF Forms that are filled by typing rather than hand-writing are far better in my opinion.

There is much to know before filing the I-129F (fiancee visa form), so research this carefully here and at VisaJourney.com.

If you decide to do all the forms and the process yourself you will find a wealth of knowledge and support here. Also MANY successful persons!

Please add a timeline and keep it updated. It is the 'signature' for your profile. As you can see the I-129F process is fresh in my mind, but I cannot say that we have succeeded to get to NOA2 without an RFE since I only have the I-797C for NOA1 now... :blink:

And you will understand all these acronyms and forms soon, trust me!

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)

Welcome to CFL. Don't believe anything we tell you about the visa process - we're just trying to mess with your mind. :blink: As you will quickly find out, most of us have already been through the ringer during some part of the process, and the effect on us is something like --> :blink: :) :P

Seriously, you will find a lot a good information here, but you need to pay special attention to those posts that explain how to remove Cheeto's stains and dust. Otherwise, your long distance computer enhanced relationship will come to a screeching halt.

Good luck during the process.

Welcome to CFL. You will find friends here as well as the best info on K-visas as they pertain to China. Be sure to read the pinned post for newbies as well as the FAQ, Feel free to ask questions and do a search on cheetos so you will understand their signifigance to the process.

I'm not familiar with all the forms. I guess I feel like I'm lost in the woods and don't know which direction to travel. I'm sure my future wife in China is more confused than I am. I'm also trying to guide her, but, it's like the blind leading the blind. I thank you all for your support. Why does the picture for the I-129 have to be a 3/4 view. Won't they accept a regular passport picture? Does she also have to go and have her passport pictures retaken?

Guest pushbrk
I'm not familiar with all the forms.  I guess I feel like I'm lost in the woods and don't know which direction to travel.  I'm sure my future wife in China is more confused than I am.  I'm also trying to guide her, but, it's like the blind leading the blind.  I thank you all for your support.  Why does the picture for the I-129 have to be a 3/4 view.  Won't they accept a regular passport picture?  Does she also have to go and have her passport pictures retaken?

186346[/snapback]

Right now, your SO only needs to provide you with correct information. You will become intimately familiar with the forms in the process. Start by reading the FAQs as others have mentioned. You'll be far more confident if you have a picture of the process in your mind than if you ask a new question each time you come to a new space on the forms.

There will still be plenty of questions to ask at forks in the road, FAQs or not so don't hesitate to ask.

I'm not familiar with all the forms.?I guess I feel like I'm lost in the woods and don't know which direction to travel.?I'm sure my future wife in China is more confused than I am.?I'm also trying to guide her, but, it's like the blind leading the blind.?I thank you all for your support.?Why does the picture for the I-129 have to be a 3/4 view.?Won't they accept a regular passport picture??Does she also have to go and have her passport pictures retaken?

186346[/snapback]

RLS, Welcome to CANDLE!

I thought the 3/4 view picture was changed to a regular passport photo about 9 months ago. I can't find the thread right now. What is the date at the bottom of the form you are looking at?

Larry

186354[/snapback]

They now want the full face-on view, with both ears showing. No more 3/4 view. You might be looking at an older form. Always be aware of the latest acceptable iteration of the document that you are filling out.

I was in your shoes a little over 2 months ago. If it weren't for CLF I would have freaked. These are all very good people with real-life experiences. As DavidX chided me after a particularly basic question, ya gotta read the pinned material for newbies at the very top of the forum first. Then ask away. From what I have seen of these members, no question is a bad question.

I met my future wife on line almost two years ago.  I have just returned from China where we met in person and fell in love.  Leaving her at the airport was almost unbearable.  Now we are starting all the paperwork.  Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.

186322[/snapback]

Welcome. You're not alone. Many of us are apart from our wifes, husbands and SO's , and the others used to be.

It will be worth the wait!