After being at a workshop all day I came home to this email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: *****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status: 

On January 26, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or

advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please

contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice

that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

THANK GOD!!!

And wow, that was fast! It came even before the EAD was approved!!

Will the EAD process automatically be stopped now??? Or will he still recieve that??

Edited by awch (see edit history)

That's good news, Amber!...You see? There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! :)

Viking is right, I'm afraid. Chalk the EAD up as a loss. The same thing happend to us. I applied online for a second EAD card for my wife. Her card was about to expire. A couple of weeks later we got the AOS interview appointment letter. There's 175 bucks down the drain! Some you win and some you lose.

Congratulations on the AOS!

Thanks everyone. I feel really lucky, we really didn't hit any snags in the entire visa process. I'll feel better once the card is in hand though. Any idea on how long that will take? Also Tony please add us to your list of approvals with no interview.

Just to update- my husband recieved the "Welcome to America" letter yesterday, and the green card today. It sure is pretty! I'm so relieved this part of the visa saga is over..... hope everyone else waiting gets theirs soon too!

One question- does he need to carry the card with him at all times (as stated on the welcome letter) or not (as stated on the paper that came with the card) ??

Just to update- my husband recieved the "Welcome to America" letter yesterday, and the green card today. It sure is pretty! I'm so relieved this part of the visa saga is over..... hope everyone else waiting gets theirs soon too!

One question- does he need to carry the card with him at all times (as stated on the welcome letter) or not (as stated on the paper that came with the card) ??

187144[/snapback]

http://i1.tinypic.com/n13449.gifhttp://i1.tinypic.com/n13tzk.gif

Congratulations to Xiaoming, Amber!!!

I am so happy for you!!!

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Congrats Amber! I remember getting the same letter a few weeks back! B)

We didn't get a welcome letter per se, just the green card. With the efficiency of our govt, we might get the welcome letter in a few months! :D

Oh, and your $175 didn't go totally down the drain, you have helped to reduce our country's budget deficit by .000000000000000001% (or so) :lol: :lol: :lol: