I have a Chinese visa good for 30 days after entry into Mainland China.

First I go to ShenZhen (Guangdong province) then I'am going up North to get marrried in JiangXi Province. Is there any problem or special papers I need to go into another province?

And Does anyone know about extending a visa while you are in China. Because actually I'am getting married and staying 43 days. It would be nice not to buy another visa if possible --

/Thank you gang----------Ben S.

People here have extended visas but I always asked for 6 mo, double entry so I would not have to worry about it.

Next time it may also be easier for you to get one in HK. I got 6 mos without even asking for it.

Don't be afraid to calll the Chinese consulate that you use for your answers to visa questions. They have always been very kind to me when I have called.

Edited by skibum (see edit history)
People here have extended visas but I always asked for  6 mo, double entry so I would not have to worry about it.

Next time it may also be easier for you to get one in HK. I got 6 mos without even asking for it.

Don't be afraid to calll the Chinese consulate that you use for your answers to visa questions. They have always been very kind to me when I have called.

184665[/snapback]

That's what I got last August., A double entry 6 month visa. It is still good until April 25th. But on the visa it says duration of stay only 30 days after entry? what the?

People here have extended visas but I always asked for  6 mo, double entry so I would not have to worry about it.

184665[/snapback]

That's what I got last August., A double entry 6 month visa. It is still good until April 25th. But on the visa it says duration of stay only 30 days after entry? what the?

184674[/snapback]

Yes, a 30 day limit, however I have heard that when you are in China, if you wish to extend it, there is usually no problem.

China will issue 12-month multiple entry L visas. Just ask when you apply. The length of stay is still limited to 30 days. You have two options at the end of the 30 days: get the length of stay extended in China or hop into Hong Kong and re-enter the mainland. That will reset the counter.

184686[/snapback]

Isnt there some other criteria needed with the mulitple entry visa that is not necessary with the 2/6 and 2/12, making it a little more complicated or difficult to get? :lol:

The double entry visas I used the last 4 years were valid for entry until 6 months after the issue date for a 30 day period beginning with the date on the entry stamp.

I extended one of them for three days by going with my SO to the police station and asking several layers of workers until one had the authority to authorize a 'new' visa.

Isnt there some other criteria needed with the mulitple entry visa that is not necessary with the 2/6 and 2/12, making it a little more complicated or difficult to get?  :lol:

184688[/snapback]

As with everything relating to China, this could have changed recently, but I got a 12-month multiple entry visa last February with no supporting documentation other than the Q1 application form requesting a multiple-entry visa. When I turned in the form they asked me if I wanted 6-month or 12-month multiple-entry.

Also, there's this:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2005/40818.htm

The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has also agreed to reciprocally issue to U.S. citizens visiting China on temporary business and tourism visas valid for 12 months and multiple entries. 

Guest pushbrk
I have a Chinese visa good for 30 days after entry into Mainland China. 

First I go to ShenZhen (Guangdong province) then I'am going up North to get marrried in JiangXi Province. Is there any problem or special papers I need to go into another province?

And Does anyone know about extending a visa while you are in China. Because actually I'am getting married and staying 43 days. It would be nice not to buy another visa if possible --

/Thank you gang----------Ben S.

184663[/snapback]

Ben,

There is no border checkpoint between Mainland Chinese provinces. Your visa is good for any and all provinces but not for Hong Kong.

I would contact any Chinese Consulate for instructions on how to extend your stay beyond the time allowed by the Visa you already have in hand. For your next visa, I suggest you match your visa request to your travel plans, in advance.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)