just called DOS. anyone explain his answer for me?

"Purged" is left open to interpretation. It's the first time I have heard that word used.

The best thing to do is to call DOS again. You'll get another representative on the phone. Ask about your case again and see what they say. Afterwards, ask the rep what "purged" means or meant.

My philosophy is, "If you don't like what they say the first time; call them back. You surely will get a different answer, and maybe one you will like, (and understand.)"

-good luck

Guest ShaQuaNew
:P i am K1, waiting for P4. My boyfriend just called DOS. the man told him that our case was "purged"! what does that mean? when he asked him, he said he knows nothing.

what does "purged" means? a 2nd name check? or they have cancelled our case??? what should we do now?

184551[/snapback]

Tell us more about your case. You mentioned that it was K1.

When was it filed?

What Service Center?

When Approved?

When was it sent to the NVC?

Anything unusual about your case?

Are you the USC or Beneficiary?

:)   i am K1, waiting for P4. My boyfriend just called DOS. the man told him that our case was "purged"! what does that mean? when he asked him, he said he knows nothing.

what does "purged" means? a 2nd name check? or they have cancelled our case??? what should we do now?

184551[/snapback]

When was it filed?

What Service Center?

When Approved?

184560[/snapback]

i cant see anything special in our case. well, maybe we got the p3 in december, 2004 but mailed it to GZ this november. but girls say the forms are effective for 1 year!

i am so very confused! actually we had called DOS last december. a woman said there was no record. so i contacted the white swan hotel. GZ embassy picked it four days after i sent.

:P

Guest ShaQuaNew
:ph34r: i am K1, waiting for P4. My boyfriend just called DOS. the man told him that our case was "purged"! what does that mean? when he asked him, he said he knows nothing.

184551[/snapback]

When was it filed?

What Service Center?

When Approved?

184560[/snapback]

i cant see anything special in our case. well, maybe we got the p3 in december, 2004 but mailed it to GZ this november. but girls say the forms are effective for 1 year!

i am so very confused! actually we had called DOS last december. a woman said there was no record. so i contacted the white swan hotel. GZ embassy picked it four days after i sent.

:unsure:

184567[/snapback]

I'm a little confused. You say that you received your P3 in December 2004???? Why did wait one year to send it back? If indeed you didn't send it back, then DOS may well have pulled the case....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
yes. we received it in 2004. but we were not sure about the money and jobs. so we decided to wait some time.

with packet 3, i wrote a very long letter to state our story and explain the reason of being late.

so you mean they are putting our case off because of that? :unsure:

184576[/snapback]

Most likely after DOS did not receive a response from the P3, you likely did lose out and may well be required to start over again.

I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news but take a look at http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inserts/s....htm#slb-act203 :

Sec 203(g): "...The Secretary of State shall terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year following notification to the alien of the availability of such visa, but the Secretary shall reinstate the registration of any such alien who establishes within 2 years following the date of notification of the availability of such visa that such failure to apply was due to circumstances beyond the alien's control."

This MAY be what happened. I'm not sure this section applies since K-1 visas are technically nonimmigrant visas but treated like immigrant visas, but if it does, it certainly suggests that if you don't actually apply for the visa within one year of availability (priority date? NOA2 date?), you may have to re-apply or ask for reinstatement.

I hope I'm wrong.

Guest ShaQuaNew
oh my god!!! but the white swan told me the exact time when the packet was picked. still possible to lose it?

yeah, i sent it back like 15 days less than a year. i felt uncertainty too.

herr.... now i prefer they are putting if off.  :unsure:

184583[/snapback]

It sounds very sad for you indeed. I would read carefully what Frank posted above. I really don't have any suggestions on what you should or might do. Who is the White Swan?

oh my god!!! but the white swan told me the exact time when the packet was picked. still possible to lose it?

yeah, i sent it back like 15 days less than a year. i felt uncertainty too.?

herr.... now i prefer they are putting if off.?:unsure:

184583[/snapback]

It sounds very sad for you indeed. I would read carefully what Frank posted above. I really don't have any suggestions on what you should or might do. Who is the White Swan?

184584[/snapback]

marxdumpling,

Call DOS to settle this! At the moment it is only speculation but it does sound dire but maybe not.

Only DOS can clear it up for you.

I guess it depends on when you sent in the P4. If it was within 1 year, then you should be allright. Write a nice letter to DOS explaining the full story and tell them you initially waited 11 months for X reason and did send in the P4 within the required year time period.

If it has been 1 year since the date on your P3, then you may well have effectively abandoned your petition and need to start over again.

Call DOS again to be sure of their date on the P3.

Good luck!!