DOS hang up my call

Just called DOS and was on hold for 45 minutes.  Then a lady said"May I help you?"  Then I said "I need the status of my fiancee" and then the phone was disconnected.   :lol:  I am trying again now.

I called Friday last week, and made up my mind I never call them again.

I was on hold for more than one hour and the lady interrogated me on my intentions of this call, very reluctant to check it in her computer, at the end, it takes another few minutes for her to look it up and only came back saying: no, not yet. and wouldn't answer any more questions, like what the latest date of namecheck request, etc.

DOS info line is just a piece of s**t, don't know where George is these days...kinda miss him...

Guest Snowbeast
Just called DOS and was on hold for 45 minutes.  Then a lady said"May I help you?"  Then I said "I need the status of my fiancee" and then the phone was disconnected.   :lol:  I am trying again now.

I was on hold for more than one hour and the lady interrogated me on my intentions of this call, very reluctant to check it in her computer, at the end, it takes another few minutes for her to look it up and only came back saying: no, not yet. and wouldn't answer any more questions, like what the latest date of namecheck request, etc.

DOS info line is just a piece of s**t, don't know where George is these days...kinda miss him...

Yes, they've turned it over to Shirley the war horse these days. She isn't too pleasant. And yes, I have also been disconnected after holding and ringing. This happened once last week. Luckily, I don't think I have to call them anymore unless something completely crazy happens.

Just called DOS and was on hold for 45 minutes.  Then a lady said"May I help you?"  Then I said "I need the status of my fiancee" and then the phone was disconnected.   ;)  I am trying again now.

George was reassigned to "correspondance" office a few weeks ago.

I call everyday. The better time to call is 10:30am eastern time.

my goodie ! Every day ? You are very courageous.. This would drive me nuts.

Eric,

It is like you write a top ten every week, I call everyday.:lol:

Yes, I call before I go to work. 7:30am pacific time, it is just 10:30am eastern time. I am helping one of my friend.

Very encouraging thing is that Katherine Cabral called me back. :rolleyes: She asked me call not everyday but march 4th. I don't know what is that day for. :(

I call everyday. The better time to call is 10:30am eastern time.

my goodie ! Every day ? You are very courageous.. This would drive me nuts.

Eric,

It is like you write a top ten every week, I call everyday.:D

Yes, I call before I go to work. 7:30am pacific time, it is just 10:30am eastern time. I am helping one of my friend.

Very encouraging thing is that Katherine Cabral called me back. :rolleyes: She asked me call not everyday but march 4th. I don't know what is that day for. :D

LOL.. it's the 2 weeks things remember !! :lol: :(

LaoMao, You must be a very patience man... ;) I use to call twice a week, then I couldn't deal the hold time and the agony. I always start the call feeling hopeful and excited, after you get the freaking "Pending" word, it's just ruins the rest of the day. So, now I call once a week, as I marked on my calender...... :blink:

LaoMao, You must be a very patience man... :lol:   I use to call twice a week, then I couldn't deal the hold time and the agony.  I always start the call feeling hopeful and excited, after you get the freaking "Pending" word, it's just ruins the rest of the day.   So, now I call once a week, as I marked on my calender...... :lol:

wise move :-) No need to call everyday, if you ask me... In 7 months I think I call ten times top. "peeeeending" Geez.... Thanks ! I could use good news like that!

That when I switched to a real source of info, Consular Affairs, the guys with a bit more info at hand... Unfortunately.... they were burnt out like A.S

Does not matter to me anymore I suppose, but for newbies, if you get a hold of CA, don't post your source... After all.. YOUR case is important....Not mine or anybody else's..

Sad but true.

For some reason, I kept getting PM's and emails about Andrew Simpkin contact info, like I knew the guy or his wife or something.. I do not... In the process, publicizing the name got that source dried up. Now... He's not answering much for what I can gather from the latest reports.. I don't blame him..

Develop your source. Help the folks out there if you can, but remember, YOU come first.

LaoMao, You must be a very patience man... :lol: I use to call twice a week, then I couldn't deal the hold time and the agony.  I always start the call feeling hopeful and excited, after you get the freaking "Pending" word, it's just ruins the rest of the day. So, now I call once a week, as I marked on my calender...... :(

He must be very very patient, like the cat that waits near the mouse hole . . . . and then quickly ===> CATCH the mouse !!!!